So lately i've had some friends who started really studyin for their SAT's and i do respect that. However, thats about all they do and talk about at school. During lunch break, we would hang out and all they would say is "hey! whats your score?!" Of course i would try to join into the conversation. But then every time i try, they give me this goddam annoying attitude like i'm some dumbass and say something like "psh, i bet you'll never take the SAT's." Now, i'm not the smartest kid in school, but i do study for my my exams and SAT's. I get B's and A's and they know that but because they know they i play guitar and do stuff un-school related, they assume all i do is play video games and watch tv. It really pisses me off sometimes, but i can't say anything back because it's just gonna make me look more like a fool.
What should i do?

TLDR: annoying friends that talk **** about me because i don't have a high SAT score. What do i do?
Screw em'. Who care about SAT's? Its not like its an accurate measure of intelligence. It just measures how well you could answer SAT questions.
Quote by TunerAddict
Screw em'. Who care about SAT's? Its not like its an accurate measure of intelligence. It just measures how well you could answer SAT questions.

That's what the kids who don't get into their first choice college say.

I play ****tons of video games and guitar and i made above 2100, so whatev fukc yo friends.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by niflag

+1
Quote by niflag

I play ****tons of video games and guitar and i made above 2100, so whatev fukc yo friends.

I got into both the colleges I applied to...

Tulane was too expensive however, so I went a cheaper rout and stayed local where I am attending Binghamton University starting in January. Its one of the top rated colleges in the country for value.

You're attempt to troll = fail

Have a nice day.
Uhh then I guess they aren't your friends TS. If you want to get a high score, make sure to bring lots of Gatorade. You don't want to get dehydrated mid test.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
It's not that big a deal that you don't study...I grew up in a small town with a subpar schooling system, never studied, and still made a 28 on my ACT even though my highest math was about a week of algebra 2. That's enough to get a decent scholarship, if not a full ride to most colleges. I'm sure if I can do it, you can...

That's 1240-1270 in SAT terms, BTW
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by dubstar92
If you want to get a high score, make sure to bring lots of Gatorade. You don't want to get dehydrated mid test.

This.

You'd be suprised how writing and answering boring questions for hours can get quite boring. And make you thirsty.
I was probably the only one out of my friends that didn't go crazy over getting into a University. I didn't even take the stupid thing either.

I'm taking the community college route which there's no shame in at all. In fact, I'm saving a hell of a lot of money.

But anyways, it's gotta wear off eventually. If not, just get better friends.
Then again, you probably don't want to have to piss with an hour and a half until the next break.
Quote by banjo1735
Then again, you probably don't want to have to piss with an hour and a half until the next break.

but you also don't want to pass out and hallucinate during them also.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by banjo1735

Thats why you save the bottle. Never know when you'll be needing it in between breaks.
sounds like you have **** friends then. or you're a whiney bitch.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sounds like you have **** friends then. or you're a whiney bitch.

or both
grok it.

SKREAM!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well they weren't always like this. They used to be pretty cool and chill. whatever, their still my best friends, im just here to rant i guess.
Get new friends. Seriously, they aren't friends if they don't share any similarities with you. I didn't study and I got a 1750, most of everyone else I know got around 1500. Who said weed makes you dumb?

But seriously, get new friends. Nobody worth hanging out with gives that much of a **** about school.
I dont know If this has been said already, but next year, (Yeear 9's at the moment) Dont Have to do SATs!! So unfair!!!
Studying is ofcourse important but it seems that nowadays a lot of people base all their self-esteem and feelings of importance and competence solely on how well they do at school. They totally seem to forget that there are other things in life that can also determine how good of a person someone is. Just my two cents.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
it's about balance: working too much will make you an ineffective learner, and you won't enjoy it (as much). too much relaxing means you won't learn anything.

the balance is different for different people. if you can get the same scores as other people, but with less studying, then your way would seem to work for you. maybe you're just naturally smarter and thus do not need to work all the time.

also, the fact that you play guitar/do extracurricular activities shows that you have a life and are able to manage your time; it does not mean that you are a lazy bum.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
We all know SAT scores dermine how good of a person you are...

They dont really sound like friends if they talk down to you because of a test score
If all they do is schoolwork, they can have perfect scores across the board and they still will most likely not get into the most selective colleges.

Don't worry about it: enjoying your high school years (as you seem to be doing) is what it's all about.

On the other hand, keep in mind that you'll be going to college for four years, which is a pretty significant amount of time. It's natural to be stressed out about getting into your dream school (unless your dream school isn' t a reach, in which case more power to you).
Quote by liam-rooney
I dont know If this has been said already, but next year, (Yeear 9's at the moment) Dont Have to do SATs!! So unfair!!!

its sat 2's :P
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by Zombee
Who said weed makes you dumb?

Nobody, but you're not exactly stopping that stereotype.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by slayer_zero
its sat 2's :P

I'd much rather take the SAT 1 than the SAT 2.

Sort of on-topic: To figure out your total score, you add together the scores you got for each section, right?
Quote by TunerAddict
I got into both the colleges I applied to...

Tulane was too expensive however, so I went a cheaper rout and stayed local where I am attending Binghamton University starting in January. Its one of the top rated colleges in the country for value.

You're attempt to troll = fail

Have a nice day.

My cousins going to binghamton, you dont happen to know Jamie Harrison do you?:
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by Spamwise
I'd much rather take the SAT 1 than the SAT 2.

Sort of on-topic: To figure out your total score, you add together the scores you got for each section, right?

Yeah, and yeah.
I got a 1420 on the old SAT
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by kaosfire
My cousins going to binghamton, you dont happen to know Jamie Harrison do you?:

No...But then again I don't start till January...
lol ok nvm then
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I respect there trying to get a good mark but i thnik there just panicing, when i done my sats i never revised, studyed and i got above average marks ( btw im not a nerd just clever) so tell em to calm down, sats dont meen anything.
Life is like a box of choclates, ya' never know whats coming next.
SAT's are a load of bull****, I had to do them but fortunatley never again.

My 10 year old brothers just gone into high school and he had to do his year 6 SAT's and they all go lost in the ****ing post so no one in his year got his results, whats the point in putting a 10 year old through all that stress not to get any ****ing results?
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6