Ok. So I am refinishing a an 87' Kramer Baretta. I am looking to paint it a solid white color. The problem is I am unsure of what kind of spray paint to use. I have searched the internet endlessly and have yet to find a decent response. People always seem to beat around the answer.

That is the body color I am going for. Sweet and simple. Just want suggestions on brands. I have heard automotive paints works well and others have said it doesn't. Just sick of looking and want a direct answer. I will have it clear coated by a friend so no input on that please.
ultimate painting TUT/thread.

I use enamel. Krylon/Rustoleum worked fine.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
I would steer away from enamel for the sake of "easiness". Try lacquer, it's much easier to work with, and I can tell you right now all the best builders on here, including ormsbyguitars, LP Addict, and jscustomguitars use it. It's much more conducive to 1rst time success in achieving that elusive mirror-finish, too.
Quote by lumberjack
I would steer away from enamel for the sake of "easiness". Try lacquer, it's much easier to work with, and I can tell you right now all the best builders on here, including ormsbyguitars, LP Addict, and jscustomguitars use it. It's much more conducive to 1rst time success in achieving that elusive mirror-finish, too.

+1

Enamel paints are HORRIBLE, and they buff/wear really easily where the body makes contact with the player.
Good to see you're back to posting in the GB&C forums, Mint. Now about that V-build...

=]
Well I went and bought some automotive laquer based paint and tried it on some headstock i had lieing around..the paint parted from the water in the paint and it looked really ****ty...any ideas why? i shok it up for the longest but maybe its just too old.