Boss DD3
4 29%
Elektro Harmonix #1 Echo
4 29%
Other
6 43%
Voters: 14.
Boss DD-3 or elektro harmonix #1 Echo?

Or maybe someone else in the same pricerange?

You´ll probably understand that I´m talking about delaypedals
I quite liked the DD-3 when I tried it, but I can't say anything about the Echo #1.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
which one.
electro.

The DD-3 is pretty good value I haven't heard the EH echo
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I've had my #1 Echo intermittently stop working after owning it for 2 years. Nothing serious, but something to keep an eye on. The echo is fairly accurate, and it doesn't have any tone drain problems.

The DD-7 has a lot more features than the DD-3, and is only a little bit more.

I'd pick the Echo over the DD-3 primarily because of cost.
Quote by Musicman_91
Lucky you...In sweden a dd3 is about 110$

Huh, Swedish economy's better than US, we get it for $120...then again, not surprising our economy is in hell if you follow it. Or even glance at it.

Anyway, I'd definitely get the DD-3; I compared the two, the DD-3 sounded much closer to analog warmth to my ear. And to all the people saying "DD-7! DD-7!" Frankly I also tried a DD-7, and while it has more features, I prefer tone over features, and again, he DD-3 kicked tonal ass. I'd also like to quote this beauty, a rarity of a youtube comment in the sense it's actually right and intelligent;

"DD3's are actually quite amazing. Although they are limited by todays standards of multi-functionality, They use the same compressor/expander chips as an analog delay. Unlike the DD5, DD6 & DD7, the DD3 resamples the echo's each repeat, and has a unique quantizing element to the chip. The latter models merely regurgitate the same Bit samples for each and subsequent echo's. Thus, putting 2 DD3's in series (mono) you can generate some unique rhythm rides you cannot achieve any other way. Really."

Though I get a feeling this is overhyping the DD-3, it definitely did have the most analog-y tone I heard amongst digital delays. I won't lie. If you want features, get a DD-7 or DD-5. If you want tone, get a DD-3. Simple as that to my ear.

A forewarning though, get a power adapter. It eats batteries like a big, battery eating, err, thing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 26, 2008,