So I was curious to hear that some people palm mute real quick while moving power chords around. For example if they played a 5th fret E string power chord and then a 7th fret E string power chord they would quickly lay their palm down while moving from the 5th fret to the 7th.

That seems fine to use on SLOW paced chord changes, and only sometimes when you want the notes to end really quick, but all the time?

When I move power chords around I just lift my fingers of my fretting hand enough to mute the sound and then shift, but I don't palm mute between my changes and I rarely see the usefulness of it espiecally when playing faster metal riffs. Am I wrong here?
I guess to get rid of any noise while switching the chord, but if you're careful with your left hand it shouldn't make much if any noise anyways so I didn't see much point in it. Unless the piece of music you were playing NEEDS the chords to be deadened right away or something.

Also, it seemed impossible to use this technique when playing fast riffs, so I'm glad to know its not a widely used thing.
if it was an open chord i can see why, otherwise its a pointless movement of the hand
*Enter Sig Here*
One of my friends does it for open chords / barre chords (not TOO often, but often enough) and the way he does it sounds like very good transitions. With power chords, I don't think that should be necessary.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
for power chords? nah pointless - take cocaine by eric clapton - its just e and d power chords (pretty sure) and muting would make it sound kinda...funny - it all depends on what sound you wanna achieve i guess
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.