Can anyone recommend any good picks that are pretty thick and don't leave all that crap all over your guitar (or as much crap).

Please post Brand/name/type and the thickness.
i swear by tortex.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Tortex all the way, but i like to pickscrape a lot. Go for the yellow kind i think they are 0.73mm's
I use snarling dog 1.14 mm brain picks They have this cat eye matrix which provides amazing grip and they have never let anything at all on my guitar since the grip allows them to not use any adhesive material to give the player grip.
Last edited by Hgtcore3 at Nov 25, 2008,
dunlop Jazz 3 ftw
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Did you try the searchbar??

ofc he did

hey look, it's SeeEmilyPlay again! HIIII!!
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
dunlop gator grip 2mm

leaves plenty of stuff, but seriously just wipe if off with a moist cloth or tissue, i think it's the grainy material, but it's all part of the shaping process and these picks get better after a bit of use.

Also use Dunlop Big Stubby 2mm which leaves virtually nothing behind but has a much brighter tone and sharper attack.

For a lighter pick, i use a Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm

And for a smaller pick, Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3 picks.

Always wanted to try the V-Picks and F1 Picks, but they're both hard to get here in Aust. Thick picks ftw.
Dunlop Gator Grip 1.14 mm. They've improved my playing considerably since I'm using them. At least they're pretty much perfect for me.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Personally, I use the Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0mm, but then again, I like thick picks. Try different sizes of those.

If that doesn't do it for you, you really can't go wrong with a Jazz III.

I've never had a pick leave "crap" all over my guitar, so I'm assuming the picks I just suggested won't leave crap behind.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Did you try the searchbar??

Yes. Yes I did. And all I got were post hidden inside threads and i didn't feel like digging through hundreds of threads to piece together 5 opinions.
Quote by yoyodunno
Your picks are leaving residue on the string?

Anyways, Dunlop Tortex and JazzIII's are very good.

My picks are some crappy ones i picked up here in japan. They dont have any real big music stores around here which sucks.
Quote by MangeRamone
dunlop Jazz 3 ftw

Jazz 3's are the only way to go, i will never change

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Dunlop Tortex 1.mm swear by em. they last forever... or until my drummer's coach eats them.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
Tortex is pretty dang good.

Although lately I've found myself using similar Fender Picks because i prefer the shape.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
I use, in no particular order:
V-Pick Screamer
Dunlop Jazz III
Dunlop Tortex 2mm
V-Pick Small Rounded
Dunlop Stubby (most of them)
Fender Extra Heavy

But it's all preference. Get hold of some V-Picks though. They rock.