I have been a strict electric junkie for quite some time (I even own an electric drum kit ) But I would like to get an acoustic guitar but don't have much to spend. How is Yamaha and washburn as brands in general. Good quality? Bad quality?

I know spending $300 on a guitar isn't going to get me a Martin, but I figure I can get something that sounds halfway pleasing to the ear. I've tried Yamaha and Ovation, wasn't let down.(I tried the epi dove but it was too big and my arm fell asleep )

but back on topic, how is the build quality of Yamaha and Ovation?
I've always had a yahama acoustic for practice and travel, they're great guitars for the price. A couple years ago I bought a Yamaha electric-acoustic on a whim at guitar center for $250 or so.... couldn't be happier with the quality of the guitar, its sound, and the electronics.
The woman in you, is the worry, the worry in me
Ben Harper
Okay, I had played someone's acoustic, dunno what it is, but when I plugged it in you could feel the electricity in the strings, just getting close caused the amp to buzz. I think it was daisy rock.
Yeah I'd say that they're ok..... but why buy new? Scout around for a good deal on a decent used. I picked up a seagull grand for about that price and its a beauty! Acoustic is al about personal preference, what sort of sound do you want vs. What sorta stuff you'll be mainly playing!
Quote by Mr.Maccy
Yeah I'd say that they're ok..... but why buy new? Scout around for a good deal on a decent used. I picked up a seagull grand for about that price and its a beauty! Acoustic is al about personal preference, what sort of sound do you want vs. What sorta stuff you'll be mainly playing!

I thought about that, but sometimes you inherit someone else's problems you don't notice at first. A hairline crack in the neck he painted over and sold just to get rid of for example.
I own 2 Yamaha acoustics. I have owned one as long as 4 years and I must say they are wonderful guitars especially for the price. I will always recommend a Yamaha acoustic to anyone. I am playing both of them in my You Tube videos if you want to see how they sound- the quality of my camera is not that great so don't let it deter you from buying one. I even like them better than my Guild and Gibson acoustics.
The yamahas have much better build quality in general. Heck, I have a Martin and the $300 Yamaha FG700S is still easier to play.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.