ok, i just bought a ibanez acoustic bass, and its active, is there someway i can make it passive?
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
Hmm, first off, why would you want to? I think you would have to switch out the pickups if they are active, or change the wiring if its the EQ thats active.
You can, but it's not a good idea as the active pre-amp is there to amplify the weak signal provided by the piezo pick-up. You could put a passive pickup from an electric bass but then it will sound "less acoustic"i believe.
Nope, not unless you want it to sound horrible. Piezo pickups require a buffer, which is in the preamp, to sound good. Plus, the preamp gives you all of your tone and volume controls...why would you want to kill it? It's not that hard to get a 9V battery every six months or so.
Nope, no sig here.
dam

see i just a acoustic bass and i looked at all the reviews ... except one, and it told me i was active .... c*** oh well, thanks for the replys

I prefer active. Active is my friend. Make it yours too. It asks just a little 9V battery every so often, and gives back oh so much more.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
... is it true all acoustic guitars + basses are active and need batteries anyway?

Quote by J.J.Jolly
... is it true all acoustic guitars + basses are active and need batteries anyway?

huh!
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...