the reviews on here and Harmony Central seem pretty solid. i might trade a guy for one today and just wondering how it is.

It seems like it has features out the wazoo, with the diff. wattage & bias selections, and the 3 channel fannagling galore

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I've never played the Carvin... But a word on reviews such as Harmony Central (and on UG, too!); don't base buying the amp on them. The review scores are often overly inflated due to either being written by stubborn players who refuse to believe their gear is bad, inexperienced players who think the tone of their first amp is worthy of a 10, or people who haven't played the amp long enough to start noticing the niggles.

That's not to say there aren't good reviews, and the less common the amp is, the more reliable the reviews. But I'm just saying don't buy an amp based on internet reviews alone. See if he will let you try it out before you decide.
oh yeah, we're def. trying them out. he wants my 5150 combo and i want his V3 head.

all he plays is metal, and im looking for a more versatile head (was looking at the peavey XXX, but then this deal came along)

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
The V3 is an amazing amp for what it is: a jack of all trades master of none.

You want versatility, you got it.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by jcp42877
oh yeah, we're def. trying them out. he wants my 5150 combo and i want his V3 head.

all he plays is metal, and im looking for a more versatile head (was looking at the peavey XXX, but then this deal came along)

If you're trying it out, then all should be good

Just make sure you like it enough to part with your amp, regardless of how much he likes yours.