Sup

So yeah I've been getting a bored of listening to my regular bunch so I'm looking for some new good stuff.

I like bands such as At The Drive-In, The Mars Volta, Hundred Reasons and also more punk stuff like Capdown, SB6 and even heavy stuff like Slipknot's and Lostprophet's first album. I like interesting use of uncommon instruments in bands, and I like turntables with rock.

Any ideas? Post-hardcore is probably my favourite (cheesy genre I know) genre so I like bands like that but I'm open to lots of stuff that'll appeal to my tastes.

I like to stay away from mainstream American rock btw, British stuff ftw
if you like interesting use of uncommon instruments listen to the white stripes, they got some pretty rad stuff....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Scars on Broadway is sick; I just started listening to them and I can't stop.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Try Texas Is the Reason, Bear vs. Shark, mewithoutYou, Fugazi, These Arms Are Snakes, Yourcodenameis:milo, etc. for post-hardcore bands.
Try A Skylit Drive, Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, or old Blessthefall if you already havent. You might also like Watchout! Theres Ghosts, which is the techo-dance side project of an old post-hardcore singer with a guitar player. Im sure Mastodon would be good, too, mostly Blood Mountain and Leviathan stuff. Theyre songs shouldnt be too heavy for you.
I don't really like The White Stripes at all, and I really like Scars on Broadway.

I'll try some of those post-hardcore bands, I get so much Bear vs. Shark shoved down my lungs my a friend guitarist.
Slade are one of my faviourite bands. no turntables, but a real rock and roll band with so many awsome songs. noddy holder is one of the greatest rock singers ever, don powell one of the greatest drummers, I could go on and on, suffice to say they are amazing.

Don't be fooled by their tounge-in-cheek attitude - slade is for life, not just for christmas!
suppose some obvious ones you prob already know but here goes for 2- alexisonfire, thrice
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
Quote by jakewynnrocks
if you like interesting use of uncommon instruments listen to the white stripes, they got some pretty rad stuff....

If you listen to The White Stripes you must listen to Muse.
They're great. =]

And if you like punkish music, I suggest some punk/rock bands like:
Sum 41, Goodnight Nurse, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Bowling For Soup, Feeder and yeh maybe Paramore.

++ you may also like:
Matchbook Romance and Dance Gavin Dance.

^_^
I don't really see how Muse or The White Stripes relate to the bands I like :p

Not a big fan of pop-punk either, although I'm partial to a bit of FOB's first EP (Project Rocket?), but besides that it's a big no-no.

Slade? :/

Thanks for the bands, I really like Scars on Broadway :p
Protest The Hero, The Fall of Troy, Coheed & Cambria.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by 7uk3

And if you like bad pop rock crap, I suggest some pop rock bands like:
Sum 41, Goodnight Nurse, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Bowling For Soup, Feeder and yeh maybe Paramore.

Fixed.

If you want to look into some punk bands:

Subhumans
The World/Inferno Friendship Society
Mischief Brew
The Queers
Zounds
The Adolescents
Sham 69
The Rezillos
Oxymoron
The Cramps
Circle Jerks
Argy Bargy
GBH
The Adverts

Have fun.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by Hanzi_G
Protest The Hero, The Fall of Troy, Coheed & Cambria.

These + early Thrice