My Bass player says that a Bass Wah is the same as a Guitar Wah.I told him that a bass wah has more low end and he said"No they don't!Thier exactly the same!"

So how could I tell him that a Guitar Wah is diffrent then a Bass Wah besides a Bass Wah has more low end.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Why do care? Showing the difference isnt gonna solve much. Not like you have a major problem. Grow up.

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Quote by Deanwings79
buy a bass wah and a guitar wah. then compare.

Exactly. There is no better proof than a hand on demonstration.

However, you can use a bass wah with a guitar and a guitar wah with a bass if you want to have a different frequency sweep.
Quote by killerscorpion
Why do care? Showing the difference isnt gonna solve much. Not like you have a major problem. Grow up.

He was just being a huge jerk on it and thinks he knows everything.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Quote by metallicaboy27
He was just being a huge jerk on it and thinks he knows everything.

The bass player sounds like that too.
play the highest note on your guitar with wah then play the lowest and notice how the low string is more effected

thats because the wah is designed for a frequency range specific to guitar

if you play a bass through a guitar wah it wont "recognise" the low notes and they'll be less effected

i've tried my bass through my normal crybaby and it was pants
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
There is a difference. Wahs are basically tone controllers. They will work for both, but your mileage will vary when using a guitar specific Wah with a bass . They make bass specific Wahs that are optimized for the bass' tonal range.

The Ibanez Weeping Demon has a switch for Guitar or Bass.
If hes one of those who knows all things then you are wasting your time. Let him believe what he wants and move on.
youre right and hes wrong...show him demos of both...show him the thread...my crybaby on a bass is barely pronounced cause the bass is all low frequencies and it doesnt work good unless its using a bass wah...
seriously, your band won't survive if you guys have disputes over such unimportant things. But, non the less you are right.
They are not exactly the same, but theres not a huge difference as far as the hardware.

On most wahs, the only difference between a bass version and a guitar version is one resistor. You can change a guitar crybaby into a bass crybaby (and vice-versa) in about 5 minutes.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/