so after about two years my band has found a stable guitarist and we're doing well, more or less. we've been debating getting a Rhythm guitarist. i'm the bassist and i don't really think we need one. my band mates can't give me too much of a reason to get one. we're not writing stuff that needs 2 guitars and nothing that i couldn't handle with my bass plus if i'm competing between 2 guitars i'm gona need a 400 watt PA just to hear myself and i can't afford that. we play more or less a blend of deathcore and melotic death metal. and my band mates keep bringing it up. is there any GOOD reason we could use a rhythm? thanks.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
to... keep rhythm?

during solos it's awfully catchy to have a main riff playing in the backround, or you can go with two leads that share rhythm and solo parts.

theres a lot of POSITIVE things to come from a rhythm guitar and not many negatives if you want MY opinion.
Quote by Deanwings79
to... keep rhythm?

during solos it's awfully catchy to have a main riff playing in the backround, or you can go with two leads that share rhythm and solo parts.

theres a lot of POSITIVE things to come from a rhythm guitar and not many negatives if you want MY opinion.

Yea u need somebackround guitar
or to have the lead play some thing alittle difffert and change the sound
listen to some songs and try to see what each guitar does in the song

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Quote by Deanwings79
to... keep rhythm?

then why am i playing bass? lol

we don't solo much in songs. and bands like cryptopsy and 36 crazy fists do well without em. i guess i'll call a band meeting. thanks for the feedback.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

GEAR:

Harmony riffs, beef up the sound, etc.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I think a second guitar player is a great asset to have. If you really want to thicken up your sound and do some cool riffage, 2 guitar players is a must.

Plus, he doesn't have to just play the guitar. You can find one who can play the keyboards and sing to really expand the sounds in a band situation.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i would like to have one. but we went through hell to try to get ONE guitarist. and i like the idea of having some one who can beef up our sound and play keys and stuff... i think we'll just keep an eye out for one. thanks for the help.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

GEAR:

Quote by zipper-mouth
i would like to have one. but we went through hell to try to get ONE guitarist. and i like the idea of having some one who can beef up our sound and play keys and stuff... i think we'll just keep an eye out for one. thanks for the help.

It shouldn't be that hard to find a guitar player, we come a dime a dozen.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It shouldn't be that hard to find a guitar player, we come a dime a dozen.

Yeah, but it's rare to find a diamond in the rough with guitarists. Finding a guy who can keep a rhythm should be no problem though; problem is, most rhythm players just seriously want to be lead and you're gonna hear a lot of bitching unless you can find someone who seriously wants to be a rhythm and doesn't want the front.
bigger sound.

i play mostly rhythm, some lead. when we write songs me and the other guitarist, and the whole band for that matter, just work out how we want a song to sound, regardless of who plays what. its nice sometimes not having to try to carry the whole guitar section with one instrument. it lets us both do obscure stuff that sounds good with the rest of the band behind us. also it really opens our style and lets us be real creative since i play lead one way, and he plays another. same with rhythm, me one way, him other.