well i have a LP epi junior, with a marshall mg30DFX and i want to get a muff... right now i dont care about what sound, i want to know which are compatible without making the sound horrible....

no seriously...
New amp.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Hmm... a Marshall MG?

Perhaps try some earmuffs. Should cut down on the harshness of the sound. At the very least, it might keep you from going deaf. I hear Electroharmonix has a pretty good one you could buy...

The Electro-Harmonix Earmuff! Saving MG-users' hearing since...well, since right now.
though all of these "LOL MUFF" responses are useless and unfunny, it's difficult to come up with a sensible answer to this thread.

The different muffs are different things. None of which will improve your tone. You don't use pedals to improve your tone, you use pedals to change your tone. There's a difference between "change" and "improvement". And since we don't know what you're trying to change about your tone, we don't know which muff to suggest.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
though all of these "LOL MUFF" responses are useless and unfunny, it's difficult to come up with a sensible answer to this thread.

The different muffs are different things. None of which will improve your tone. You don't use pedals to improve your tone, you use pedals to change your tone. There's a difference between "change" and "improvement". And since we don't know what you're trying to change about your tone, we don't know which muff to suggest.

My "LOL MUFF" response was creative at least...
Quote by Blompcube

Well some pedals will improve tone, such as an EQ pedal or a noise suppressor. But seriously TS, the main problem with your tone is probably the amp and I doubt a pedal is going to fix it.

Quote by Dizeaz2112

Yes.

Quote by jymellis
mine too i thought. at least a little chuckle?

No, sorry. It was lame and old.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by Dizeaz2112

yeah - well i did defend everyone who responded like that by saying there's not really anything more useful to add

Although i wish they would make earmuffs that simply block out bad tones but let good tones through un-compromised. Unfortunately i think it's physically impossible
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
yeah - well i did defend everyone who responded like that by saying there's not really anything more useful to add

Although i wish they would make earmuffs that simply block out bad tones but let good tones through un-compromised. Unfortunately i think it's physically impossible

I'm on it!
ok ok well lets say i want to change my tone to go late 70's to 80's tone... the typical tone, not band specific
Quote by narutard50
ok ok well lets say i want to change my tone to go late 70's to 80's tone... the typical tone, not band specific

You do realize that back in the 70s and 80s there was more than one style of music, right? You need to be more specific with what sound you want. I still stand by getting a new amp before spending money on effects.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
70's minimalist music uses a lot of anlogue tape loops, so you may want to get an analogue delay or echo.

...what?
vintage 70's 80's metal, more along the lines of black sabbath to iron maiden... basically everything in between

as for the amp, what would you recommend?
Quote by narutard50
vintage 70's 80's metal, more along the lines of black sabbath to iron maiden... basically everything in between

as for the amp, what would you recommend?

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, most likely a Roland Cube or Peavey Vyper.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Well I'm giving up, have fun wasting your money and still being unhappy with your tone.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by narutard50
ill just get an english muff and combine with the overdriven channel..

ok now i'm thinking this is just a troll thread.
Rig Winter 2017:

Quote by Blompcube
ok now i'm thinking this is just a troll thread.

It has to be, nobody can be this dumb and annoying.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows