what gauge strings should i use to tune too

D
A
G
D
C
E
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Err...? You mean DADGCE? Not that I've heard of that one or that I have any clear vision on what you want to do with it, but at least it can be done with a standard set of strings.
Maybe this article can give you some idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_tuning
And if you are really sure about DAGDCE (or the more plausible DADGCE) and know about songs and artists using that tuning, feel free to add it to the list.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Err...? You mean DADGCE? Not that I've heard of that one or that I have any clear vision on what you want to do with it, but at least it can be done with a standard set of strings.
Maybe this article can give you some idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_tuning
And if you are really sure about DAGDCE (or the more plausible DADGCE) and know about songs and artists using that tuning, feel free to add it to the list.

yea im sure about the tuning. i want to learn this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Igb5Yors4
Lovely music. Yet I strongly believe it is some open chord he tuned his guitar to. Wait an hour till I've figured it out. I have no access to a guitar right here, so I can't check it right now. I'll be back on this.
See ye.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Lovely music. Yet I strongly believe it is some open chord he tuned his guitar to. Wait an hour till I've figured it out. I have no access to a guitar right here, so I can't check it right now. I'll be back on this.
See ye.

thanks alot man i really appreciate it.
OK,
DAGDCE I can't try because I would have to restring my guitar for that, but I don't think I have to because DADGCE suits the song perfectly. It's indeed a rather unusual tuning, but it works very well. I am not a theory buff, so I leave it to someone else to tell what chord it is, but surely it is a beautiful one.
Good thing is that you don't need to change strings for it. The same set you use for standard tuning will do perfectly. Try it and convince yourself.

(And besides; take a close look at the vid. The resolution is not great, but isn't that a regular set of of strings?)
I bought some Andy Mckee tabs a while ago. Luckily, he gives out his full tuning list for his songs as well.

This song is ECDGAD capo 3rd.
Andy uses Medium gauge strings (.056-.013) Dean Markley Alchemy Gold Bronze.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I bought some Andy Mckee tabs a while ago. Luckily, he gives out his full tuning list for his songs as well.

This song is ECDGAD capo 3rd.
Andy uses Medium gauge strings (.056-.013) Dean Markley Alchemy Gold Bronze.

Oewokay....
I tried that but weird enough it doesn't sound quite as right as DADGCE. You're sure it is the same version?
Never mind. I'm a lousy tone def no good guitarist anyway. If mr.McKee says so himself, the matter is settled.
Oh..and not just tone def, but dyslexic also. It took me a day to realize that I misread ECDGAD and tuned my guitar to up side down in DADGCE (DAGDCE being physically impossible).
Sorry lads.

But I still think it sounded quite alright.