Ok, out of these two, which one is bigger and which one is better sounding. I am not to smart when it comes to measurements, so if you don't mind telling me what it means when it says something like "2x12" and stuff like that, that will relaly be appreciated.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX412-4x12-Cabinet?sku=480738

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RS125CX-2X12-1X15-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=601011

Second, is this worth getting, and if so, is it one of those modling amps, because it says it has effects so that makes me think that.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFX-Head-?sku=483103
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Last edited by darondood at Nov 25, 2008,
2x12

The 2 is the number of speakers and the 12 is the size of each speaker in inches.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
A: You are aware that those are cabs right? You can't plug your guitar straight into them. If you DO know that, I suggest a Marshall cab, loaded with Celestions. Anything else is pointless, and you'll find a lot of artists using Marshall cabs regardless of what head they're using.
B: No, the Marshall MG is not worth getting. Actually, it's ****.
1st, the marshall head is nice, a lot of people will say its crap, but thats just because they expect better out of a marshall. Its still better than a lot of solid state eads

on your two choices... 2x 12 means there are two twelve inch woofer cones. speakers.

So you have a 100 watt amp head, and you're looking at 200 watt cabs. Go withe the 4x12 i guess, its a closer match on power handling. You might want to invest in a more powerful amp head. a 200 watt amp head would match well with both of those cabs, and be louder than ****
Thanks guys. BTW, when you mean inches, is that circumference, or diameter?
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Quote by darondood
Thanks guys. BTW, when you mean inches, is that circumference, or diameter?

Diameter.
Start off with the 4x12 cab. Then if you're wanting to build a fullstack, add the 1x15 underneath the 4x12. Has anyone played through a 1x15 on here before? They add balls to any rig
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
mg heads are good? i dont have a opinion on them but i would never take the risk just because there rep
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by Felttoaster
mg heads are good? i dont have a opinion on them but i would never take the risk just because there rep

I wouldn't say they're good, but they're not terrible like everyone makes them out to be. The cabs are what does them in
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

They are quite unreliable, but so are cheap crates, and line 6s

I would recommend a peavey vyper head
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by isan

I would recommend a peavey vyper head

There isn't one.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Damn could have sworn there was, Other option would be to use either the 120w or 100w combo as a head
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
They are quite unreliable, but so are cheap crates

Wrong.

I've had an MG head now for 5 years that I use for a backup head. I can't say I've ever had any trouble with it before. And that thing has taken some road abuse. Also I used to have an older crate head that had the **** beat out of it too.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

TS you can do better
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Flux'D
Wrong.

I've had an MG head now for 5 years that I use for a backup head. I can't say I've ever had any trouble with it before. And that thing has taken some road abuse. Also I used to have an older crate head that had the **** beat out of it too.

Dude just because you have one that works well doesn't mean that others have that luck. I have a cheaper crate,did mine break? twice! Did my buddies ? Yeah! My buddy's Mg Has been broken so many times i have lost count. The fact is that with cheap amps you often get unreliable amps because there are often lemons due to poor QC.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
Dude just because you have one that works well doesn't mean that others have that luck. I have a cheaper crate,did mine break? twice! Did my buddies ? Yeah! My buddy's Mg Has been broken so many times i have lost count. The fact is that with cheap amps you often get unreliable amps because there are often lemons due to poor QC.

Take the advice you just gave
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Here's a little heads up on cabinents. It matters which speakers are inside; not the name on the front. You can save yourself a lot of $$ with this advise. See what speakers are IN the cabinet. The name on the front doesn't mean ****. A 4x12 with say, 4 celestion blue alcino's is the same no matter whose name is on it. ITS A CABINET. Heads are a diff story.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

Quote by PBI
Here's a little heads up on cabinents. It matters which speakers are inside; not the name on the front. You can save yourself a lot of $$ with this advise. See what speakers are IN the cabinet. The name on the front doesn't mean ****. A 4x12 with say, 4 celestion blue alcino's is the same no matter whose name is on it. ITS A CABINET. Heads are a diff story.

Actually there's more to it than that. Sealed or unsealed front, open or closed back, dead airspace inside the cab, distance from the backing to the front, etc. Then there's cosmetic stuff like metal corners, casters, handles, etc.

I would reccomend looking at Vader cabs or Avatar cabs over a Randall cab though. Pretty much the same features for less cash
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
Actually there's more to it than that. Sealed or unsealed front, open or closed back, dead airspace inside the cab, distance from the backing to the front, etc. Then there's cosmetic stuff like metal corners, casters, handles, etc.

I would reccomend looking at Vader cabs or Avatar cabs over a Randall cab though. Pretty much the same features for less cash

Yeah, there is more to it than that, such as optimal sq. in. space etc. but I honestly have never been able to discern the difference at a live show scenario of any cabinet containing the same speakers. In my bedroom I can pretty much tell as far as fully closed or open but other than that. . . nahh. I don't see playing a 4x12 or 2 in my bedroom anymore either. . . tinitus. I'm sure guys will say they can hear the subtlyties, and maybe can. Maybe my ears aren't as good from years of abuse. Who knows?

I'll check out the Vaders when I get a chance, though.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

There is a big difference between a sealed and unsealed front. A sealed front has more bass to it than an unsealed. Or maybe it's the other way around?

Dude the Vader cabs are bulletproof. Well, not literally but they're pretty stout. The covering they use on them is the same stuff they spray the beds of pickups with. You can't hurt them.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60