Page 1 of 2
i own a b-52 at 112 amp and it rocks it really does but i want a heavier more crushing tone

I do love this amp for punk and alternative but im not getting the metal tone i want from it and i have tweaked the knobs a million times. soooo was wondering if i can get some good pedals to help me here.

I would love to have a pedal board with this amp but no idea which pedals to get to get the tone i want and i ask yall for help on this thanks.

(guitar squire Jagmaster) stock.
Digitech Death Metal

Best $10 you can spend on craigslist.
It doesn't sound that bad through a tube amp
Def. not the best pedal ever though

But don't waste you're cash on those Boss MT-2's or ML's
Might as well make it a tube pedal if you're spending $100
Blackstar HT DISTX? (About $180)

And to be honest the Death Metal pedal is better than the MT-2
You don't need a pedal for that. The B-52 can get heavy and crushing on it's own.

If you want to try something, try boosting the front with an OD.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Get an some sort of OD pedal, problem solved, I like to dime the EQ on my amp and then use the EQ section of the OD to mess with the frequencies.
No, don't get a death metal or anything like that.
Get a Tubescreamer or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Bad Monkey OD is hella nice for the money, should do the trick for you and then some
WTLTL 2011
^great pedal but with the Greenscreamer selling for 50 bucks id say go with that instead.
They will boost your amp to make it heavier.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
An EQ pedal is probably the first thing you want to invest in.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You use it on the OD channel of your amp and you turn the OD on the pedal all the way down.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
No you turn the gain down and the level up.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
No you turn the gain down and the level up.

Which is pretty much what I said.
have you tweaked the volume knob yet?

try it loud
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by nebiru
Which is pretty much what I said.

Sorry, I misread what you said, you had it right.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
just get an OD pedal with a EQ pedal.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Powerstrike
is the boss ge-7 a good eq pedal?

not really the best, you can do better. If you want a 10 band, look at MXR. If you want 7 band, look at the Fish and Chips
Quote by Ghold125
not really the best, you can do better. If you want a 10 band, look at MXR. If you want 7 band, look at the Fish and Chips

wtf?

methinks the FnC love has gone a tad too far, i'd take the GE-7 over it any day. built quality is far better and the bypass is better
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
wtf?

methinks the FnC love has gone a tad too far, i'd take the GE-7 over it any day. built quality is far better and the bypass is better

I would have to agree. Though I really hate all Danelectro pedals.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
wtf?

fish and chips is $30, the ge-7 is $100. Build quality on an eq imo is not that importent because i have mine activated on most of the time. As for bypass, same as before.
Ibanez TS9
Maxxon OD808
Fultone OCD
Boss SD1 cheap and good
Digitech Bad Monkey, cheap and good
BBE Green Screamer, cheap and good

MXR 10band EQ

Choose one and use it with an eq i guarantee you get a heavy tone. Set the level equal with your amp, the tone where you want it and drive at 0
Quote by Ghold125
fish and chips is $30, the ge-7 is $100. Build quality on an eq imo is not that importent because i have mine activated on most of the time. As for bypass, same as before.

havent tried it myself BUT i could hazard a guess that the boss will be a damn sight quieter

i think build quality is extremely important, especially with something as delicate as little sliders
how abut a boss sd-1 and a fish n chips with that?

ooh ya i have no drive on my amp i only have gain and volume can yall help me with using and eq and od pedal ive never done this before
the SD-1 is ok (can be much better if youre handy with a soldering iron)

if you set it to gain:0 level:10 and tone to taste it'll act as a volume boost and push your tubes harder in the same way an EQ would

that or the digitech bad monkey if youre on a budget

if youre not on a budget theres a world of choice
well im getting some stuff for xmas and i have a long time to decide lol but i just wanted to know what pedal combination would be great 4 metal (harder metal) than my b-52s distortion by itself.
yah its alright but like said before, it would be better to get a OD with EQ for the time being for that boost.
And I agree the Boss is probly the better of the two but not 70 bucks better, if your ganna be spending 100+ on a EQ go for the MXR not the BOSS.
id rather get an OD than an EQ. pick up a cheap overdrive like a bad monkey. what you do is, set your amp to distortion with the gain at maybe 5 or 4, then turn the pedal on. for the pedal settings, turn the gain all the way down and turn the level all the way up.

EDIT: also, have you tried turning up the channel volume up and the master volume down? i dunno if the amp has a master volume, but if it does, try that, it'll give you a bit more preamp saturation
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Nov 25, 2008,
it doesnt have master volume however i will buy that bad monkey and do what u said however i also want an eq pedal and a noise surpressor
Quote by Powerstrike
it doesnt have master volume however i will buy that bad monkey and do what u said however i also want an eq pedal and a noise surpressor

Both of your channels have a master volume...

Why do you want an EQ pedal and a suppressor so bad? Why don't you just try dialing in the tone you want first. If that fails, then get the OD.

There's no point wasting a bunch of money on pedals like that when you could potentially get the sound you're looking for without wasting a whole fuckload of time and money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i tried that already and i was talking about a master volume that controls the amp and not the separate channels
i just picked up a bbe green screamer and i run it on front of my at-100.
it brings the brootalz
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
I don't think $90 for a Bad Monkey and a Fish n Chips is bad at all. That Dano EQ is more solid then I expected. I think the sliders are metal and the base is metal and the plastic case is very rugged. It is a bit noisy though.

So do you still have your Vypyr?
Page 1 of 2