Try them?

Some people will tell you they're good, some will tell you that they suck. Frankly, I think they are overated and that a lot of people buy them because 'so-and-so uses them'.

Just use whatever pick you feel more comfortable with.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Generally, yes, although as with all picks, it's completely preference. They ARE the world's favourite though, and with good reason.
Quote by Rock Pig
Generally, yes, although as with all picks, it's completely preference. They ARE the world's favourite though, and with good reason.

I'm assuming you come with proof when you make a bold statement like that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Rock Pig

Very bold statement, I would say they are the bandwagon choice here on UG. Popular elsewhere also but world's favourite is a bit of a stretch. I would give that to Fender Celluloid if I had to choose 1 pick for that category. To me Jazz III's feel cheap and never liked them, but I do like smaller picks.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Personally never tried them but, some will love them, Some will hate them.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
i love them, they just make me play more efficently, and i can pick faster and everything.
im really likin the stubbies too, but you cant gig with them cuz they slip from your hand.
but you could sand them i guess
Eh, bold statement perhaps.

UG's favourite. And those who began these bandwagons generally knew what they were on about. Usually. Usually.

... VINTAGE 30S ARE TOO MIDDY FOR MY TASTES. Take that, bandwagonistas.
Quote by Rock Pig
Eh, bold statement perhaps.

UG's favourite. And those who began these bandwagons generally knew what they were on about. Usually. Usually.

... VINTAGE 30S ARE TOO MIDDY FOR MY TASTES. Take that, bandwagonistas.

There's a bandwagon for people who hate V30s.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
There's a bandwagon for people who hate V30s.

NOWAI.

... I'm indifferent
if you play metal then yes jazz III's are good. they give lots of control, but if you play jazz, blues, anything with more than a powerchord you should use something else.
Quote by ironman1478
if you play metal then yes jazz III's are good. they give lots of control, but if you play jazz, blues, anything with more than a powerchord you should use something else.

Um, what? Are you insinuating that metal has nothing more than power chords?

Jass III's were developed for....surprise.....JAZZ. TONS of people use them for all kinds of styles. Joe Bonammassa plays them, and he's an internationally renowned blues hound. They are designed for speed, no matter what genre you come from, that's why lots of jazz players use those little picks with the sharp points....their fast and articulate. Same reason Matt Heafy, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo, Alex Leiho, Mark Tremonti, and many, many others use them for shred.

Back on track, I use and love them, and I like all their different forms, but for different reasons: ultex are more grippy, pitch black are a bit smoother, red is softer, and black stiffo is more hard and has more grip than the red ones. Check 'em out, you won't be dissapointed if you play anything fast and technical.
Dunlop Jazz IIIs are my favorite pick at the moment. Only the ultex ones, though - I can't stand nylons.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I tried them for a bit. I didnt' like them personally, but give them a shot, their not something i'd say were like ****ty or anything, i just didn't personally like them.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
I fucking love them. I started using them a few years ago, and they've really helped me tighten up my playing. If they're too small for you, I'd suggest the Dunlop purple tortex. It's similarly thick but is bigger so you can get more grip on it.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey