So I'm wanting to buy some new pickups for my Jackson Kelly KE3 I'm going to guitar center here in a few days to play some guitars and search for some tones. I was wondering though, my guitar teacher is gonna put in the pickups set up my guitar and replace some hardware (pickup switcher and volume pot), so the instore installment of the pickups isn't a factor, I was wondering if you think it'd be better to buy pickups from the store or find them online and buy them there assuming the price is the same.
Like where should I get them then like musicians friend or maybe even guitar centers website or something?
Quote by Greendrag92
Like where should I get them then like musicians friend or maybe even guitar centers website or something?

If you can stomach the price tag, just buy Bare Knuckles direct from the website. I wouldn't know where to get Duncans or DiMarzios though.
Bareknuckles aren't the answer to everything you know.

What kind of music do you play TS? There are pickups that handle certain genres and sounds a little better than others.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

... You noticed
Well, I've tried several models and they're all been gorgeous. I know there are other brands that are in the opinions of many just as good and probably more keenly priced (rockmonkeyguitars springs to mind; fantastic pickups there as well) but I stand by Bare Knuckle because in my mind at least, they trump everything else.

No, I should've said, what genre do you want to play with these new pickups, TS?
I've only been playing for two years and I don't really limit myself to genres I play classic rock southern rock thrash metal death metal i just started getting interested in learning classical pieces like mozart and vivaldi um some motown old blues some really old country but I just wanted a site that has a good reputation for quality assurance I'm gonna go play some other guitars to figure out the pickups i want
Quote by Greendrag92
I've only been playing for two years and I don't really limit myself to genres I play classic rock southern rock thrash metal death metal i just started getting interested in learning classical pieces like mozart and vivaldi um some motown old blues some really old country but I just wanted a site that has a good reputation for quality assurance I'm gonna go play some other guitars to figure out the pickups i want

I think you should check out the Seymour Duncan '59s. Great all around pickup and it's cheap.

It can handle metal very well and is still sweet sounding enough to do other genres as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
DImarzio PAF are sweet sounding all around.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Emgs!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
Emgs!

Kick ass? Yes.
Versatile? Not really.
And, EMGs as opposed to Emgs. Get it right D:
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What kind of music do you play TS? There are pickups that handle certain genres and sounds a little better than others.

Also, what amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com