So the minds of the powers that be have changed again. I was asked to look for Metal songs about electricity a little while ago to play at one of the events the organisation I work for put on, but they didn't seem to like any of what I found. I kind of agree; nothing beats some good Ska.

Anyone have any suggestions for Ska songs about electricity?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
There's a NOFX song called "Electricity."

Yup, I said it. You may now all lynch me.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Why don't you do a ska rendition of the theme to the TV programme 'the electric company', or 'shock me' by KISS?

That would be quite cool.

Shack Me, Mack me feel better!
Shack Me, Put an ya black leather!

Obviously, I'm not suggesting that every ska vocalist emulates the Jamaican accent, but that should give a taste as to how it'd work!
We're just going to play the song, as in off the speaker system. It'll be for a sketch at 4am at a Psytrance party... yeah.

Cheers for the suggestions
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
^ A fair few bands, to be honest.

The next party's theme is electricity
well for metal does Metallica's Ride The Lightning count?
and for ska, beats me
Dick+strings= owww
Well ... it's not ska but 'Electricity' by 311 immediately came to my mind:

"The same force that flows through every circuit
The juice that's spent everytime you work it
Every life form is based on this simplicity
The soul that you have is electricity"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by axeslash
There's a NOFX song called "Electricity."

Yup, I said it. You may now all lynch me.

it's a cover of the song Jordan posted... and the original is much better.

OMD rule so hard.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I had a look but couldn't find anything, surprisingly.
Cheers.
Quote by whyvern
it's a cover of the song Jordan posted... and the original is much better.

OMD rule so hard.
It's a cover? That'd explain why it's better than 90% of the music NOFX puts out.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by lavazza
Why not play something by the Electric Light Orchestra ........bad joke? ok bad joke.

I think there´s some Stooges song about the electric chair (at least Iggy said that at a concert) but I cannot remember which one
Probably the song "Little Electric Chair."

Last edited by axeslash at Dec 3, 2008,