So im trying to record some cover songs... every time i just sit down with my guitar it comes naturally and i can play them fine. But once i sit in front of my computer with the meronome the timing just seems off. right now im trying to do "Buried a Lie" by Senses Fail and i was just wondering, is it in 4/4 time? how can i figure out what a songs time signature is?? and why is it so much harder to play while using a metronome???
I hate my sig
if the metronome makes you mess up then you most likely haven't learned the rhythms correctly. get a powertab or whatever and slow it down to hell and make sure you are doing the rhythmds real good
i have explored the sea
no metter how slow i play it it never seems right. thats what's making me think it must not be in 4/4 but i still dont know what it IS
I hate my sig
it's 4/4th but the intro is a bit freely played(and half-time), and then when the acoustic intro goes to the electric the tempo is doubled(full time). It's all 4/4 though.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 25, 2008,
so what your saying is that there's time changes? i hate time changes. i guess i'll just stick to writing original music. lol thanks
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
so what your saying is that there's time changes? i hate time changes. i guess i'll just stick to writing original music. lol thanks

No it's half time and full time. IT means that the feel is exactly halfed.

If for example the intro is 60 bpm the 2nd part is 120 bpm. First u tap quarter notes, and then u tap 8th notes in the same tempo.

It's still 4/4

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
oh. sorry i must have read it wrong. yeah i know what half ands full time means. thanks
I hate my sig
All you need to do to stay in time with a metronome is to count in your head when you are playing. Simple
yeah obviously. its not like im a complete n00b to music. i think it might have to do with my headphones. im just using in ear headphones not the special around ear ones for musicians. i cant hear the metronone very well when im playing
I hate my sig
Rhythm is the bane of a lot of musicians. Pick up a few classical piano books and get recordings for the charts. Play the recordings and follow along with the scores. You'll thank me later
The hip cat says; "Mhm, okay, I can groove wit' this"