Hey Guitar world- I am looking into purchasing a Marshall Vintage modern head. My question is should i get the 100 watt head for the head room or just stick with a 50 watt which is what i have been using. How much louder is the 100 than the 50 and is it a noticeable difference.

Thank you- Nick
just stick with the 50 watt
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The difference in volume between 100W and 50W is very minimal, but you should be able to crank the 50W a little easier, though still probably not ideally. Either way, with a Marshall, I'd definitely go with the 50W.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the fifty watts is the better choice.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
50>100 in this case.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
There won't be much of a volume difference in volume. Headroom and bass response will be the differences you notice most. There's no way for me to know whether or not you need more headroom, so...do you? If not, the 50 will be just fine.
Of course, if you can try them out it would be best to do so.

Both amps are pretty loud, and you're not going to get much power tube distortion, so the difference between the 50 and 100 comes down to personal preference.
Amps are always louder than you think.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
id go with the 50. you probably wont get to crank the 50 but you definatly wont be able to crank the 100 without an attenuator