What Amp do you think is going to be better for me i have a choice between the Marshall MG30DFX / MG50DFX or Vox AD30VT / AD50VT. And my guitar is Epiphone Les Paul Standard also, my music taste is different it is basically;

- Oasis
- The Stone Roses
- Guns N' Roses
- U2
- The Beatles
- The Smiths
- The who

you can kind of catch a drift of what kind of music i like, so i have my guitar set and i just cant decide on an amp i know that the price of each one is around about the simalar price they both look great but i was just wondering what would be the best amp to get the sounds of all those bands? and i was wondering also what would be the difference in 30 watt and 50 watt is the volume that greater? etc.

Thanks, it would really help if some one could answer these questions for me
I'd go for VOX, Because theire clean sound is overall better then the Marshall one IMO.
And with the styles u gave me i'd definitely would go for VOX. I don't know the differences between the AD30 / AD50 Though :\

The Marshall always has been a little bit more metalsounding to me.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
yeahh it seems as though the Vox does have alot of effects and people have said it can achieve any sound you want really, but i was jsut thinking is that too many? and will it actually get the sound i want?
Are you open to any other choices because the MG's are kind of some of the "worst" amps out there besides starter amps, etc. and I havent had any luck finding a good tone on the valvetronix. I would say that the Vox is leaps and bounds ahead of ANY MG.

They will all be plenty loud for now and I doubt that one will be that much higher than the other.The difference between the 30 and 50 is the different features on the each of the amps.
Don't even think about buying the Marshall, it's a horrible amp, period.

The Vox is MUCH better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Out of those amps, I say go for the Vox.
But, the peavey vypyr is worth looking at too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well i am open to any amps at all just as long as there still around that price range and also they match the type of sound I'm wanting, is there any suggetions like?
i see youre in the northeast

i'd reccomend these if youre not gigging (tbh the 15 watt could easily keep up with a drummer)

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=08022211524338
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=08022211473438
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=08071410340229

if i were you i'd sit tight and save a bit more
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Oh cheers man well im going through newcastle on sunday to get my guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Standard) and pick up an Amp aswell thats if ive decided by then, you say have a look at them ones like?
yea, theyre all in guitarguitar (they were last saturday)

just do your best to go tube, you wont grow out of them like you will an SS amp. if you cheap out now you'll more than likely just replace it with something better later on

do you need it for band situations?

EDIT: you'll have more shops open if you can make it on saturday btw

and theres always dolphin music at the metrocentre
whats a tube amp, sorry im sort of new to guitar and yeah i will need it for band situations thats why i was looking at 30 to 50 watt
have a flick through the stickies here

you can amplify guitars in 2 ways: digital circuity and thermionic vacuum tube circuitry

rule of thumb: tube is better

another rule of thumb: tube is more expensive

tube is also much louder for the wattage, the 15w epiphone could easily jam with drums, a 30W digital amp (the MG or AD) would struggle

IMO they sound much much nicer too, and most of UG agrees

tbh you could survive with a vox ad but you might aswell get something lasting
ah so your saying the MG and AD i was thinking of getting were digital and the sound would be a lot less quieter than a tube amp so id end up replacing it, well thanks very much for that mate, thats a massive help, i'll have a read up on tube now, will it tell you if a guitar has tube rather than digital?
Guitars aren't tube or digital. Stick with your guitar; it's decent.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by WoodySafc
will it tell you if a guitar has tube rather than digital?

you mean guitar amp right?

they'll mostly have it in the description but there are obvious signs

-it might have the names of whatever tubes are in it (12AX7, EL84, EEC83, 6L6, EL34 etc)
-"class A circuitry", "class A/B" circuitry are both to do with tube amps
- "single ended", "push-pull" again, types of amp

dont worry tons about the specifics, no one spec is miles better, its all preferance

if in doubt, look in the back, the tubes get real hot and will be on show on the back more than likely
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you mean guitar amp right?

they'll mostly have it in the description but there are obvious signs

-it might have the names of whatever tubes are in it (12AX7, EL84, EEC83, 6L6, EL34 etc)
-"class A circuitry", "class A/B" circuitry are both to do with tube amps
- "single ended", "push-pull" again, types of amp

dont worry tons about the specifics, no one spec is miles better, its all preferance

if in doubt, look in the back, the tubes get real hot and will be on show on the back more than likely

haha yeah i ment amp

so basically your saying thoses amps you posted would probably be good options, have you got any more suggestions because i'll be buying it sometime this week and im gonna definitely need to know what amp to get instead of going out and buying digital and like you say having to replace it sooner rather than later
Quote by WoodySafc
haha yeah i ment amp

so basically your saying thoses amps you posted would probably be good options, have you got any more suggestions because i'll be buying it sometime this week and im gonna definitely need to know what amp to get instead of going out and buying digital and like you say having to replace it sooner rather than later

there's probs a few more worth looking at

definate price range?
=/ thats about it for 200

try em out in guitarguitar if you can

50w vox AD would be an ok plan B, there good as far as digital goes
Quote by WoodySafc
what others is there like if i was to raise the price range?

250 would get you a laney VC15
225 for a crate V18
you'd get away with the LC15-well spotted gregs - theres usually one in JG windows

You seemed to have all the rest covered, good job steve!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeahh thanks both of you, youve really helped me out i was set on a MG50DFX or VOXAD50VT now its completely changed, okay then i'll get my research done on everythink youve suggested and i'll have a go of the amps when at the shop, thanks again every one