I'm looking for software that does math, like algebra and all that stuff up until calculus. Right now I use Mathway.com, but I'd like something that doesn't require an internet connection. It doesn't need to be super complex university 3d graphs; just simple yet useful.
i'm sorry but if you need software for pre cal stuff something's wrong. check out maple that's what colleges use for calculus got a learning curve but very useful.

oh and you could always try graphing calculator programs.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Thornography sucks Midian is way better and anyway I'm pretty sure there's a math thread
Quote by riffmasterjosh
i'm sorry but if you need software for pre cal stuff something's wrong. check out maple that's what colleges use for calculus got a learning curve but very useful.

oh and you could always try graphing calculator programs.

No, there's nothing wrong. I just want to check my answers at school on my laptop when there's no wireless. And the back of the book has the answers to only the odd numbered questions.

Quote by worton
grow up

Fuck you asshole.
Ugh I hate how they only put the answers to odd numbers in the back of the book. It pisses me off because we don't even get graded on homework yet I can't check and see if I am doing half the problems right so basically i don't even bother doing evens because If i dont know if I am coming up with the correct answer I am probably wasting my time.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
TI-83 emulators
PolyMath
MatLab (2700 retail, infinity cheaper downloaded)
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
They have text books for this. I know they're less interactive but with the addition of pen and paper you're set.
Maple and Mathematica are the two standard programs, you would probably be better off with Maple.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Most human brains come with a free one.
Of course the easiest way to install it is probably to PAY A****INGTENTION IN CLASS.
TI-83/+/Silver or TI-84 calculator in tow? I've got a good few functions for that dude.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by crackerpleaz
Most human brains come with a free one.
Of course the easiest way to install it is probably to PAY A****INGTENTION IN CLASS.

once you get into pre-calc and above having a good calculator/math program is pretty much essential unless you are some sort of savant, even if you know how to do the math the amount of calculation required gets to be pretty tedious.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Get MathCAD. It has the Maple engine but the syntax/language/learning curve is much easier and more forgiving.

Also there's a good equation solver, i think its just called EES Equation Solver, try googling that.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO