hey guys,

currently i have a spider III 75 watt and im wanting a valve amp, would a orange amp be any good...ie. tiny terror combo?

im looking at no more than 30W of power.

i play rock/metal mostly.....black sabbath, ac/dc, airbourne, metallica...etc.

thanks for reading
what's your budget?
Tiny Terror is a good amp, but it does have some limitations
Quote by Ghold125
what's your budget?
Tiny Terror is a good amp, but it does have some limitations

You aren't going to get Fender cleans out of it, but I do enjoy the cleans on the Tiny Terror. It may only have three knobs but if you know what you are doing you can tweak it for whatever you want. Plus its moddable.
Quote by rock rocks
hey guys,

currently i have a spider III 75 watt and im wanting a valve amp, would a orange amp be any good...ie. tiny terror combo?

im looking at no more than 30W of power.

i play rock/metal mostly.....black sabbath, ac/dc, airbourne, metallica...etc.

thanks for reading

Tony played Orange for awhile, and Jimmy used one in the studio from time to time, You'll be in good company, and considering the style you want to play I'd say you're on the right track.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
my budget is about £350 - £450

thanks for the speedy replys guys, much appreachiated
tiny terrors are awesome, great tone. the retains clarity in the notes even at the highest gain levels,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Sounds like a good buy.. some really good fender combos you need to look at too
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Tiny terrors are pretty good but remember the lacking of FX loop, not exactly really loud Fender-ish cleans, but a good choice for the bands you like. And the fact that not much for adjusting tone unless you count one knob, but it does do everything..
what do you mean by FX Loop?

and ive only just noticed (im really observent!) when i play i always i have a splash of reverb on, but with the tiny terror i wont be able to...will i?
Quote by rock rocks
what do you mean by FX Loop?

and ive only just noticed (im really observent!) when i play i always i have a splash of reverb on, but with the tiny terror i wont be able to...will i?

The effects loop allows you to put your pedals after the preamp and before the power amp. To me its not a big deal because the only effects I plan on having is overdrive an EQ and wah.

Tiny Terror has no built in reverb. I always played with reverb on my SS amp, but with the tubes I don't think its needed as much. You can always get a digital or analog reverb though
It doesn't have reverb built in, but you can buy a reverb pedal like the EHX Holy Grail
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
man i'd say go for the tiny terror
i went from fender frontman 15 > spider 2 30 watt > marshall mg 250 dfx > tiny terror

man what a difference! i love the sounds you get out of it
the cleans aren't going to be american fender cleans but a nice warm british clean if you get what i'm saying

now for overly high gain like some modern metal its not that kind of amp but for your needs it should go fine

if you need more gain buy an overdrive or cheap eq

pm for details
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Rocker 30 has pretty good tone, probably not the exact right sound you want though.

I'd say tiny terror.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The Tiny Terror is PERFECT for Sabbath. It's pretty good with the other artists you listed, not quite right for metallica though.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
i'd go with terror if you really want an orange.
i tried out a rocker 30 and did not like it very much. i found the ad30 alot better.. just my opinion though. ad30's way out of your price range though.

you should seriously try the amps out. alot of people have way different opinions about oranges. infact- my local guitar store refuses to stock them because they think they are so bad... which is kinda weird... i think that only the lower models arent so good.. some of the higher end models are niceee
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
look into a used orange rocker 30

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

ok...as you know from what ive said and what everyone else has said i was goin to get a orange tiny terror, however, i was talking to a guy from 'soundsunlimited' and he says that the tiny terror is a very good amp but (after a lengthy descussion) he suggested getting the line 6 POD XT, he says it has a lot more features than the orange (which i'd have to agree on) its a lot more versitile, cheaper and it sounds as good as some valves amps.

just wondering what your guys opinions are as i have no experience with valve amps or the POD XT.
You would still need an amplifier to use the POD with. (or hook your pc speakers up to it)
I'm going to buy a POD x3 because i've fallen inlove with them for their versitility. You can get alot of amp sounds from it, and you can buy more if you feel like it.

It doesnt sound as good as real amps, but if tweaked right, the sounds are very useable!

Other people may disagree, but i feel line 6 gets alot of undeserved hate because of their spider series which are pretty pants
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
One's an amplifier, and one's a multi-FX processor. So they're not really comparable.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!