Page 1 of 2
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-date-rape-lawsuitnov25,0,1427187.story

Quote by Tribune Article
Woman who won a date is suing Waukegan radio station
Man with criminal history raped her, suit alleges

By Emily S. Achenbaum | Tribune reporter
November 25, 2008

A Lake County woman who won a date with a man a radio station called a "great" catch is suing the station for promoting the man, who had a criminal history and allegedly sexually assaulted her on the date she won.

The woman, who filed the suit late Thursday under the name Jane Doe, said Waukegan radio station WXLC, which is owned by NextMedia, ran the "Win a Date with Travis" competition last year. The radio station said Travis Harvey of Gurnee was a "great guy" and "kind." But as a busy single father, Harvey couldn't find the time to meet the right woman.

Female contestants came to an event hosted by the radio station on Jan. 30, 2007, at a Waukegan sports bar. They sat down with Harvey to answer rounds of questions, said Bob Baizer, one of the attorneys who filed the suit on Jane Doe's behalf.

Doe, then 23, won, and that weekend Harvey promised her a date at Chicago's House of Blues—only to later say he was too tired, and invited her to his home for pizza instead, Baizer said. The woman went, and after a single drink, felt extremely drowsy. Harvey then raped her, the suit alleges. Attorneys say she was drugged. The woman went to police several days later, but at that time, there was no physical evidence of a sexual assault or of the drugs, Baizer said.

Baizer said Harvey had previously been convicted twice of violating a domestic violence order of protection taken out by another woman. The radio station was negligent for not checking Harvey's record, and for promoting him as a safe—and desirable—date, the suit alleges.

"Why did they say he was such a nice guy, such a good guy?" Baizer asked Monday. "They couldn't have done much to check him out."

Harvey pleaded guilty to criminal sexual abuse last week in Lake County court for the assault. He received probation, and could be sent to prison for one year if he violates that probation. Because there was no physical evidence in the case and no confession, Baizer said the plea deal was reasonable.

The woman is asking for more than $50,000 in damages in the lawsuit. NextMedia referred calls to a company vice president who declined comment Monday.

That's pretty messed up.
This is why you don't meet your dates over the radio. Or telegraph.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
That is pretty messed up. It doesn't sound like she got any pizza.

Oh lawd.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
i think she was lying. why wait days? i think she just wants money from the radio station.
b*tchgotserved
Quote by entity0009
I once death-metal growled at my mother. Her response was

GENERAL of the ESP Army! I want YOU to Join NOW!
"She was so beautiful, I had to kill her!"
Stripped Raped & Strangled by Cannibal Corpse
Quote by jymellis
i think she was lying. why wait days? i think she just wants money from the radio station.

The guy did plead guilty though.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I'm surprised the guy pleaded guilty, there was no evidence, she could be making it up for all we know.

"pfft, the pizza was crummy, he wasn't very romantic, and couldn't even make me orgasm, let's take a look at his background...*makesmoneymoneymakemoneymoneyhey!"
Quote by Mongoose87
This is why you don't meet your dates over the radio. Or telegraph.

Agreed. All the girls I've met over the telegraph have turned out to be freaks.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by tremeloud
The guy did plead guilty though.

bad lawyer maybe? forced to make a plea deal? lots of reasons.
._. Our world is retarded.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I know how she feels, I left my Cellphone in my Dads car this morning.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
That is pretty messed up. It doesn't sound like she got any pizza.

She should sue for the lost pizza. That's like false advertising.
Was she desperate?

Was she fat?

Was she on drink or drugs?

Is she going to spend the money on comfort food?
Our radio stations suck. Damn you Chicago area
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
i lughed when i read the title....a few seconds later i realized how bad of a person i am....lulz
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
What the hell? "Win A Date With Travis (DISCLAIMER: The aforementioned person has been convicted of domestic charges in the past. We take no responsibility for rape and/or abuse.)"

What the hell kind of contest is this anyway?
as much as i find this disgusting, it was also irresponsible of the woman to go to some strange guy's house who she didn't really know and was obviously so desperate to get a date he had to get a radio station to help.
Who goes to their own house on a first date without the intentions of getting laid?
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
It's not the rape which pisses me off, it's the fact that he lied about it. Oh wait, and the rape. Yeah, rape is pretty bad.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai
Agreed. All the girls I've met over the telegraph have turned out to be freaks.

Really? All the girls I've met over the telegraph have turned out to be really nice.

...They've also been dead for one hundred years, but you win some you lose some, right?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm a little tired, wanna come home to me instead?
-but I've never met you and I don't know you
It's okay, I'll treat you good... reeeeaaal good.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Page 1 of 2