Page 1 of 2
I want to meet the person that can dis this guitar. Compare to a Schecter Hellraiser with a OFR. But for $200 less. Only difference is the Dean doesn't have those overrated EMG pickups

Original Floyd Rose
Neck Thru
Quilt Maple Top & Back
Solid Mahogany Body
Grover Tuners
.....all for less than $700
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Pretty good, the Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe had the same features as the Schecter but it's quite ugly imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by sashki
Original FR? That's good.

Most people hate Dean because of their over-exploitation of Dimebag's death.

That and the fact that when I buy a guitar that's $1,000 or more, I want an OFR or equivalent. And EMG's are more your own opinion. If you don't like them you don't, if you do you do.

And TBH with this I'm suspecting quality is why it's cheap. I'm not dissing deans, but TBH I really don't consider the low end guitars as "dean" guitars anymore. The USA's are Deans, the lower end models are just guitars with a logo. If you ever play a USA (let alone a USA from the 80's) you'll know what I'm saying.
well the only reason dean isnt my favorite is because there guitars really arent that reliable.
this looks great, but if the pickups are just stock deans then thats why its cheaper, because hellraisers have good pups
I don't like Deans because of the tones. I think that they are overrated, and most of the ones I've played seemed to me to be designed for appearance. I didn't like the metal, I didn't like the feel, I don't like the Dimebag hype. I could go on, but I won't.
Please note that all of that was my personally opinion, and might not relate to you.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Looks good.
Dean have overdone the Dimabag thing and he would've hated all this commercial ****, but the Dime models and indeed the rest of the range ARE indeed good guitars, and have a more Gibson-y feel to the more Fenderish Jacksons or Ibbys, which is no bad thing.
That Vendetta is hawt, although I think Dean should use more off-the shelf pickups; their current stock ones are good rather than great.
They look pretty good, but for some reason I just can not stand the headstock of deans.
It looks great, but I am skeptical about the pickups and any other corners they cut to bring the price down. I'd have to try one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by sashki

Yes, that, and the fact that they crap out on their hardware most of the time.

This model with the OFR is makin me consider this for my next purchase
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
meh, im content with my epiphone les paul custom silverburst.

i dont hate dean guitars, i just dont like the people who play them cause they think they are so bad ass.
Quote by Rock Pig
...although I think Dean should use more off-the shelf pickups...

The pickups are from the USA Time Capsule Series, which are remakes of the original Deans. The original Dean pickups were resold DiMarzio Super Distortions, and so are these pickups. They are built in the USA by DiMarzio just like the originals

Quote by Shinozoku
Yes, that, and the fact that they crap out on their hardware most of the time.

Except for the cheaper guitars, all of Dean's hardware is made by Grover....
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

If you're gunna try to boost Dean... maybe try with a better guitar? So what, the big brother of their 100 dollar entry level guitar, with a real Floyd (wow who cares my Jackson Floyd works just fine, and has for years.), with ****ty pickups you're trying to say are good because they're not EMG's, and while I don't like EMG's either, I'd rather play EMG's than generics.

Honestly, what's the guitar cost, 300 bucks? Who cares. I think the Razorback V's are pretty sweet looking but I'm not making stupid threads about it!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
If you're gunna try to boost Dean... maybe try with a better guitar? So what, the big brother of their 100 dollar entry level guitar, with a real Floyd (wow who cares my Jackson Floyd works just fine, and has for years.), with ****ty pickups you're trying to say are good because they're not EMG's, and while I don't like EMG's either, I'd rather play EMG's than generics.

Honestly, what's the guitar cost, 300 bucks? Who cares. I think the Razorback V's are pretty sweet looking but I'm not making stupid threads about it!

/thread
As a person who doensn't like the Schecter hellraiser, may I be allowed to not like your "Perfect" guitar?

It's all down to preference. Same with "Those overrated EMG pickups" by saying that it sounds like you're trying to say "The Deans pickups are worse but they aren't overrated so it's okay".

I'm sure its a great guitar, but it's pretty moot to say "You can't dislike this guitar" because, it's down to the person, for instance, I dislike the figuring on that top, not quilted enough for me.
I dislike guitars with only two humbuckers, I like three pickups on my guitars, it's also very clichéd metal. So, there, you've found the person who can "dis" that guitar.
dude that looks good especially W/ that head stock. the V one only sometimes looks good
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Last edited by sandman-105 at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by HavokStrife

Wow, what's with all the hate? I could compare your argument with an Ibanez too. The RG series spans from cheap guitars up to $1000+. So that makes them the "Big Brother of their $100 entry level guitar"?

And I just said the pickups were built by DiMarzio...

As a person who doensn't like the Schecter hellraiser, may I be allowed to not like your "Perfect" guitar?

Haha sry, this isn't my perfect guitar. I was just making a comparison to a popular guitar company that people always compare Dean to
You have to admit, Dean takes more hits than any other company on UG for no reason. Yes, I will admit that the Dime Series is overrated/dumb but the rest of their line is pretty nice for the cash
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 25, 2008,
I'm guessing that it's MIK just like Schecters, so I imagine that the quality is at least decent.

I'll take my MIJ Ibys anyday however.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 25, 2008,
its already selling at GC i'll need to play it at some point
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
its already selling at GC i'll need to play it at some point

That's the old Vendetta. Notice the headstocks have a different shape and that one has a LFR
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
Wow, what's with all the hate? I could compare your argument with an Ibanez too. The RG series spans from cheap guitars up to $1000+. So that makes them the "Big Brother of their $100 entry level guitar"?

And I just said the pickups were built by DiMarzio...

Haha sry, this isn't my perfect guitar. I was just making a comparison to a popular guitar company that people always compare Dean to
You have to admit, Dean takes more hits than any other company on UG for no reason. Yes, I will admit that the Dime Series is overrated/dumb but the rest of their line is pretty nice for the cash

okay you might have a great answer for this so im not trying to flame you.
but how come i just searched those pickups and saw a video of the guys from dean making the pickups...?
there was nothing said about dimarzio.
heres the link: http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_pickups.php
Quote by Flux'D
That's the old Vendetta. Notice the headstocks have a different shape and that one has a LFR

yeah i noticed that after i posted

My b anyone know when the new one is coming out?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
So instead of sticking to original designs, Dean has decided to make Schecter copies now?

Lets face it. As much as we all know you love Dean guitars, they really aren't too great for the value.

2500 bucks for a fucking Time Capsule? Is Dean crazy? I can get an ACTUAL Dean for 1000 bucks less.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sashki

^This,
its a pretty good reason too
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by stratdud39

there was nothing said about dimarzio.
heres the link...

I stand corrected about that. I do know the original Deans had DiMarzio pickups and since the Time Capsules are built like the vintage Deans, the pickups are very similar. A lot of the Dean Restorers use these pickups when the OEM pickups go out on them.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
So instead of sticking to original designs, Dean has decided to make Schecter copies now?...2500 bucks for a ****ing Time Capsule? Is Dean crazy? I can get an ACTUAL Dean for 1000 bucks less.

Dean has made the Vendetta design longer than Schecter has been in business. And the Time Capsule Series is the closest to a 'real Dean' you can get brand new. What are you referring to with the "ACTUAL Dean for 1000 bucks less"?

Quote by sashki

Actually, it's the other way around. The Dimebag Darrell Estate has a contract with Dean Guitars. This causes the prices to jump up on them, and the number of sig models there is. It's one of the reasons why Mr. Dean Zelinsky left the company
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
I stand corrected about that. I do know the original Deans had DiMarzio pickups and since the Time Capsules are built like the vintage Deans, the pickups are very similar. A lot of the Dean Restorers use these pickups when the OEM pickups go out on them.

Dean has made the Vendetta design longer than Schecter has been in business. And the Time Capsule Series is the closest to a 'real Dean' you can get brand new. What are you referring to with the "ACTUAL Dean for 1000 bucks less"?

Schecter has been around since the 80s. The Vendetta was added pretty recently.

I paid 1500 bucks for my Dean guitar.

The reissue costs 1000 bucks more. I'm sorry, that's absolutely stupid.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I paid 1500 bucks for my Dean guitar.

Which Dean do you have? The Reissues are hand-built in the USA just like the original Dean guitars. Browse around the Vintage Dean Forum. A lot of people compare these to the originals. If you've ever played one, you would know why they're so expensive. There were no corners cut in order to produce these. They're also a limited run
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
Which Dean do you have? The Reissues are hand-built in the USA just like the original Dean guitars. Browse around the Vintage Dean Forum. A lot of people compare these to the originals. If you've ever played one, you would know why they're so expensive. There were no corners cut in order to produce these. They're also a limited run

I have a 1983 Dean Z Standard in Blueburst with a flame top. One of the last American Deans made. I've played a bunch of Time Capsule Deans and sure, they play similarly but they aren't worth 1000 bucks more than MY guitar. A Vintage Dean can be had for cheaper than an actual one.

They are asking too much for the Time capsules, they are asking too much for any of the Dime models and there is no love and passion in the company.

It hasn't had passion in decades.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
why would i buy that dean when i can buy a DK2 for less and get a guitar with an awesome neck .
Looked alright, dont like the eye inlays though
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by ironman1478
why would i buy that dean when i can buy a DK2 for less and get a guitar with an awesome neck .

Dinkies don't have set-neck/neck-through construction, and the normal DK2 has an HSS set up, not to mention that not everyone likes that 'awesome neck'.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Dinkies don't have set-neck/neck-through construction, and the normal DK2 has an HSS set up, not to mention that not everyone likes that 'awesome neck'.

I do.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

By the way, they have neck-through Dinky models with different pickup configuration.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I have a 1983 Dean Z Standard in Blueburst with a flame top. One of the last American Deans made. I've played a bunch of Time Capsule Deans and sure, they play similarly but they aren't worth 1000 bucks more than MY guitar. A Vintage Dean can be had for cheaper than an actual one.

They are asking too much for the Time capsules, they are asking too much for any of the Dime models and there is no love and passion in the company.

It hasn't had passion in decades.

The early Deans haven't appreciated in value compared to the crazy figures some other guitars have. But they have had a steady increase over their lifetime. Yes, I agree with the Dime Models and Dean hasn't been the company it was since the early 90's. But there are still good guitars being made from them.

Whenever Mr. Zelinsky came back to Dean, they made him head of the USA Division. So yes, the Time Capsules are 'actual Deans'. Keep in mind you are comparing a used guitar to a brand new one. I'm not saying that the TC's are a great deal or anything, but I don't think they're overpriced either.

*Side Note*
Blueburst with a Flamed maple top? I've never seen that before. The Blueburst guitars are from the Flame Series and don't have a Maple cap on them. I'm not saying you're guitar is fake (Dean did make some odd one-off guitars) but if you got that for $1500.... it's either in really bad shape or you got the deal of a century. Could you post pics of it? If not, could you tell me the Serial #? You can tell a lot about a Dean from that. I'm really curious about your guitar
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

By the way, they have neck-through Dinky models with different pickup configuration.

Are you sure that it was a Dinky? I thought only the Soloist series were the neck-through super-Strats...

And I know about the other pickup config., but it's the Dk2M model, which is different looking .
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Flux'D
The early Deans haven't appreciated in value compared to the crazy figures some other guitars have. But they have had a steady increase over their lifetime. Yes, I agree with the Dime Models and Dean hasn't been the company it was since the early 90's. But there are still good guitars being made from them.

Whenever Mr. Zelinsky came back to Dean, they made him head of the USA Division. So yes, the Time Capsules are 'actual Deans'. Keep in mind you are comparing a used guitar to a brand new one. I'm not saying that the TC's are a great deal or anything, but I don't think they're overpriced either.

*Side Note*
Blueburst with a Flamed maple top? I've never seen that before. The Blueburst guitars are from the Flame Series and don't have a Maple cap on them. I'm not saying you're guitar is fake (Dean did make some odd one-off guitars) but if you got that for $1500.... it's either in really bad shape or you got the deal of a century. Could you post pics of it? I'm really curious about your guitar

Dean Z isn't with the company anymore and he had no control over the design aspects. He was just a figurehead. That's why he left and made DBZ guitars.

Far right.

I have more pictures on my profile. It's in great shape. They go for around 1500 on ebay all the time.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by aznrockerdude

because a guitar with a set neck / neck-thru construction is the only type of guitar to play . go talk to yngwie malmsteen, he plays guitars with a bolt-on configuration and he doesn't complain. also pickup combination is a preference. Lots of guitarists use HSS setups and you don't see them complaining. the only part of your post that i could agree with was that fact that not everyone likes the neck of a jackson which is quite true and i was sort of out of line when i said that.
Quote by aznrockerdude

Plus this one has a superior OFR.

I also dislike the Jackson necks, too wide.
That's a pretty good deal actually. Only negatives are the headstock, fretboard, and pickups.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Page 1 of 2