Just out of curiosity, how much modding would be needed to make one of these things good?

I know it cant be too good as is, seeing just about every gibson under $1000 dollars isn't anything to write home about, most of them being pretty bad.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Well, I don't mean to ruin the thread, but for 1000 dollars, you can get 2 guitars that sound better than the melody maker...

If you're hell-bent on getting it, a change of pickup would be enough. The guitar seems like a good foundation, but I've never tried one, so I don't know how good or bad it actually is.

If it feels solid, but sounds average, a change of pickup will do the job. If it feels cheap, consider another guitar.
Are we talking Epiphone MM, or a Gibson MM? I personally like the one with the dog-eared p90. There is a Gibson one F/s for $300, that I have had my eye on. Honestly guitars like those should just be taken for what they are. I wouldn't dump a bunch of money into one, maybe a pickup swap and a bone/graphite nut and call it a day. If don't like one stock, I'm pretty sure you're not going to be happy with a modded one.
well im not planning on getting one, not anytime soon at least, i was just wondering you know, out of curiosity.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^