Page 1 of 2
what i do is like have periods where i listen exclusively to just mostly one band for a period of a 3 weeks to like 3 months... than i move onto the next band and so on... usually the stuff thats past i have lost complete interest in, but than i just wait and i start listening to "the old" band again
I've only done that with Tool/APC for several months, and never stopped listening to them. I prefer the variety that I listen to now, but somehow I have fond memories of those months.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
No, I don't have dial-up.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It might happen if I find a new band I really really really like, but not for weeks and months. 2 weeks MAXIMUM, and then I get bored of it and get back to my old records. Eventually, my preference of the band levels out, and it becomes on par with my other favourite bands.
Not usually but if I really get into one band and they have enough stuff to listen to exclusively then I will.
I actually do that alot, I have my favorites that I go between, Ill listen to them for a while then switch to a new band for a while
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
yes ill go blink182>a7x>all that remains>suicide silence>necrophagist ect ect REPEAT, i knwo what you mean dude
I sort of do that, but I still mix it up so I don't get bored, so like I'll be listening to one cd then change band, then listen to that cd again.

(I say CD...)

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yeah I do
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
some bands. but not all.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Guitar Skater
yes ill go blink182>a7x>all that remains>suicide silence>necrophagist ect ect REPEAT, i knwo what you mean dude

my condolences
No. I will listen to a band a lot for a week while listening to similar artists and then they all go in my music library which I will set to shuffle so that no artist/band is forgotten. Then the cycle repeats.
No, but I do have my own special way of listening.

I push a rod into my butt until it touches my pelvis and then touch the other end to the speaker. Bone conduction for FTW!

Actually, I listen to many bands randomly. I can go right from Irish folk, to black metal, to classical and then back to folk all in the same day.
No, men don't get periods.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i have a lot of music.

yes.

but it wont be one exclusive band... maybe 2 or 3, then mix them up with some oldies, then some new ones again... etc
I do a similar thing. I usually stop listening to a band after I go to their show. Not sure why, but I usually lose intersest for a while after that.
Do listen to bands more than others but I mostly have it on shuffle.

Like now I'm only listening to Miyavi but had it on shuffle before, nothing extreme though.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by Wankmaster_V
what i do is like have periods

lol

no but seriously i do that to, but like a couple weeks of the same band
I'm having a period with metallica like that but since i would like to have a very versatile guitar style it's important for me to listen to alot of diff. music to find lots of stuff i like to hear and learn them. I'd recommend going to pandora.com and doing a channel on the band you like if you wanna start branching out your musical tastes some.
I kinda do this. About a year ago I was listening non-stop to Killswitch Engage and Lamb Of God. Now, I'm listening to a lot of Opeth, but I'm getting back into my KsE and LoG ways. As silly as this may sound, it's just that listening to that music brings back a lot of good memories, just beause I'd be listening to that particular band at that moment in time.
me. I sort of do that. I find it easier to listen to it in periods of time, rather than just one single band. like i'll listen to thrash and nothing else for a month, then I'll have a little thing where a choose bands that have keyboards in their songs, or songs that have something in common. I also find that when I do this, I end up hating the rest of the **** on my mp3 player.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
I'll do that, but for a few days not 3 months.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
You're a better man than me.
I do this...sort of.

Sometimes what I do is I pick out a band for the day and listen to them for the entire day, then move on to another. Rinse, wash, repeat.
occasionally will do that, but i usually just mix it up
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Wankmaster_V
what i do is like have periods where i listen exclusively to just mostly one band for a period of a 3 weeks to like 3 months... than i move onto the next band and so on... usually the stuff thats past i have lost complete interest in, but than i just wait and i start listening to "the old" band again

I think you're trying to tell us something.....

Yes I realize that was a bad, and pretty immature joke; I'm okay with that...

Quote by CTFOD
No, men don't get periods.

****, I got beat to it...
i do something similar but i dont plan it out it just depends on what i want to hear
yes I do that a lot... about a year ago I was obsessed with Rage Against The Machine and I bought all of their albums... I still listen to them occasionally but not as much as I used to... now I'm on Sublime and Queens Of The Stone Age.
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by TUXGUITAR
I do that to but for a few weeks not months

this
Quote by maninthebox24
I've only done that with Tool/APC for several months, and never stopped listening to them. I prefer the variety that I listen to now, but somehow I have fond memories of those months.

I did the same with tool, and i regret it because they bore me alot now.

same with buckethead, but the only reason i stopped listening to him is because i lost all my music and i cant be arsed to donwload it again.

More to the point, your name's wankmaster and you get periods?
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Basically I've just been listening to PT lately.

Took me a lot of willpower to get out of that one, mate, and when I did I stopped listening to them for months out of fear ^^
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Page 1 of 2