I thought it played like butter. It was out of tune (like just about every other guitar in the store), although I really liked the feel of the neck.

I've really been wanting an extreme shaped guitar for strict metal purposes, and I wanted to leave the store with that guitar.

I'm a little concerned about the trem though. Is the Edge 3 really that bad of a tremolo? It seems to have a bad reputation around here. I'm not one who will constantly rape the bar with dive bombs or anything.

I know there's a non-trem version although they're hard to come by, and that grey colour sucks.

BTW I also played USA Jackson Kelly, which plays like a dream, although I think that's a little out of my price range right now. I'd rather get a good Rhoads one of these days when I can afford it.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Pro Series Jackson Kelly is a nice alternative. If you're not going to rape it, the Edge III is fine, because its only real problems lie in durability; while it lasts, it's actually quite good.
The Xiphos will be brilliant, but make sure to check out the Kelly.
So as long as I'm not raping the bar like Kerry King it's half decent?

I'm thinking I might give into the gas and get a Xiphos, KE3, RR3, or a bc rich NJ deluxe V
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Last edited by Demonazzz at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by DespisedIcon
I dislike the Edge 3.

Get a XPT700FX or XPT707FX if you want a Xiphos.

This.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The edge 3 was pitiful on mine, but i was comparing it to a ZR, so it didn't stand a chance.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !