I'm a 17 year old bass player, been playing for about 3 years now, and I'm currently in a gigging/recording thrash metal band. Here's the twist, though: I don't like thrash metal all that much. So I'm looking for a side band to appease my own interests, and actually write the kind of music I've always wanted to.

I want to write music similar to that of Opeth, The Ocean, Cynic, Gordian Knot, Death(Human onwards) and Necrophagist(only Epitah). So that kind of technical, progressive death metal sound. So I guess you need to like that kind of music >_>.

I doubt there'll be any response to this, but if a band mostly for the joy of playing music you love with the possibility of recording and gigging sounds good to you, I'd love to hear from you.
You should add in that you're Paul McCartney.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
You should add in that you're Paul McCartney.

Haha Paul McCartney was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
I really wish I thought of that. ._.

Man, can you imagine McCartney in a death metal band?
Last edited by RJayZ at Nov 29, 2008,
hey bud, iv met up with another guitarist and wer both based in liverpool if you wanna meet up at some point?