Hi

Can anyone please give me some advice on the following.

I have an Ashdown Mag 300 Evo II combo amp (http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=78)

and I was wondering if I will be able to hook this up to an extra Ashdown 2x10 cab. Like the one in this link (http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=mag&ID=23) in order to boost the power output?

On the back of my amp there are sockets to connect leads and it says "Output power 300 watts RMS 500 watts peak"

As you can tell, I'm not much of a techy, so can someone please let me know if I can achieve the above as I have the chance of getting hold of an extra 2x10 evo ashdown cab.

Thanks
Yeah, but why not pay a little bit more and get a 4x10 cab instead of a 2x10, or maybe a 1x15 cab to spice up your sound.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Hey

Thanks, for the response.

I've got the chance to get hold of an extra 2x10 cab on the cheap. Like the one in the above link. I've tried it through a peavey head and it sounds great, I just need to try to hook it up with my Evo II combo amp.

So this will work right?

Thanks again
The RMS, is the average output when you have the output level to full.

Amplifiers outputs often spike and when it spikes the greatest, this is the peak power.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Yeah that definitely works. I have the Mag 300 with a 115 speaker and I hook it up to an external 410. On the back of the unit there are two outputs with one going down into the cabinet. Just use the other to connect to any other 8 ohm cab.

The reason for the power chage is that the supplied cabinet has 8 ohms of impedance and with only an 8 ohm load the max power of the amp is about 180 watts. If you hook up a second 8 ohm cabinet they combine (don't ask why, I'm not good at explaining it) to give 4 ohms of impedance. At this lower impedance, the amp can run at its full 300 watts. Hope this helps.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Last edited by GuitarFreak664 at Nov 25, 2008,