hey, my friend and I have started a new band where we are just doing whatever we think of in songs. The problem is, is that it's just me and him. We're trying to find people to play with, but they're either in other bands, or have egos the size of Canada (no hard feelings Canada.) How do you all go about finding people to play in your bands that are new to the scene? I also don't know how to promote ourselves. I just add random people on myspace that I see on other bands that sound like us "Online Friends". Is there another way? I've made threads on this site, I've got the big obnoxious sig going on, and I've made accounts on last.fm and purevolume.com but we don't get any attention.

We get lots of plays a day, but that's about it.

Any help on promotion and all that up there is helpful. Thanks.

We're called event.horizon. and we're experimental/progressive I guess you could say.
Last edited by guitarkid2113 at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by guitarkid2113
I just add random people on myspace that I see on other bands that sound like us "Online Friends"

I've made threads on this site

We get lots of plays a day, but that's about it.

Are you me?

You need to find members and then gig. Lots of gigs.
You'll just have to put up with the other members' personalities if there's no-one else

I wasn't sure if I was the only one.
But at least now I know it's not just me!

But yeah, I just have a real hard time butting heads with people who need a spotlight to feel good about themselves. I think we're gonna have it just be me and him the main band doing all the instruments on recordings and have people fill in for gigs.