So I was looking for a new pedal. I'll be honest, I'm unfamiliar with the pedals people use. What kind of pedals do people turn on when they lead and solo? Do people add a Delay pedal? Or just add a bunch of Reverb? Thanks.
It really depends, but usually a boost and a delay works quite nicely. Maybe a wah or phaser as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
You could always use an eq pedal with the eq set flat but the output level increased.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Are you using a tube or solid state amp? Because if you're using a SS, then an overdrive isn't your best bet. I'd reccomend a clean boost, wah, phaser, or flanger
Overdrive, a clean boost (regardless of other's opinions, I like my Screamin' Blues for a boost), delay, wah, phaser, maybe flanger, things like that.

It would be easier to give a more accurate answer if you'd give us an example of the music you would be playing, because certain pedals are more effective sometimes than in other situations...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Thanks for the replies.
Quote by LukeBTH
Are you using a tube or solid state amp? Because if you're using a SS, then an overdrive isn't your best bet. I'd reccomend a clean boost, wah, phaser, or flanger

I have a Solid State.
Quote by Td_Nights
Overdrive, a clean boost (regardless of other's opinions, I like my Screamin' Blues for a boost), delay, wah, phaser, maybe flanger, things like that.

It would be easier to give a more accurate answer if you'd give us an example of the music you would be playing, because certain pedals are more effective sometimes than in other situations...

Well I guess I'll try the Flanger, Phaser, and Delay at GC then. I already have a Boss MT-2 which has a great rhythm tone to it. I just didn't want to go blindly without knowing which pedals to try.

I was thinking more of just something like how the lead solo in the trooper - iron maiden tone sounds more soloish sounding than the rhythm or how Angus Young's tone sounds different in his solos compared to his rhythm playing.
delay(MXR carbon copy), boost or OD(BBE bosta grande, BBE greensvreamer), and reverb(line 6 verbzilla, Hardwire RV-7)..

maybe a wha but i think the others are the bassis for a good solo tone.
Quote by klducks

I was thinking more of just something like how the lead solo in the trooper - iron maiden tone sounds more soloish sounding than the rhythm or how Angus Young's tone sounds different in his solos compared to his rhythm playing.

I think all they're using are Marshalls at a very high volume, but you could replicate that with maybe an overdrive pedal. Or a volume pedal...