I need a wah pedal, so I can play a bunch songs that I know I can play (Perfect Situation: Weezer, Searching: Joe Satriani and a couple others). Like most people I'm on a budget so I can only spend about 40 - 60 bucks.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
morley bad horsie 2 FTW or a mc wizard wah, or if you have cash go a crybaby rack mount
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
If you pull out an extra $10, a GCB-95 is pretty good for the money, albeit I wish I had saved the extra money for a Vox V847A now...still, for the money it's a great pedal.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
You can get a GCB-95 or a VOX V847 and then mod it to make it sound good. That's what a friend of mine did for me, sounds absolutely awesome now. But if you're not handy with a soldering iron, go for the 535Q if you can shell out a bit more.
Don't touch the 535; I tried it for kicks when I bought my tube amp, it's versatile and all, but it sucks tone out of your guitar. If you want a variable wah get an Ibanez WD-7.

Well, if you want a single-tone wah, albeit that tone is a good tone IMO, get the Vox. If you want versatility and don't mind a larger size, get the WD-7.

Some modded crybabys sound SICK. I'm gettin one for xmas and im gonna mod it. That being said, there's also a ton of mods for the Vox wah. apparently theyre the same circuit, so all the crybaby mods should work on the Vox.

EDIT: in any case, get a USED wah. that will save you heaps of cash.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
If you guys have heard the song searching from Joe Satriani, how can I get it to sound like the solo, cause the solo is very simple, but without wah its not to good. Oh and Joe uses vox.
I don't get how the 535 can suck tone from your guitar, it's TB and all. Satch uses (used?) one live and recorded so... but if I'm wrong, my apologies.
TB doesnt mean it wont suck tone when the pedal is on.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Ah, I just assumed you were talking about when it was off. My bad.
Last edited by digger35 at Nov 25, 2008,
I'll see what the guy at the store says, hoping that the person is not a drummer like last time. You guys have been a great help, now I have some ideas to take to the store.