my music teacher told me there was a certain way to come up with chords if you already had the notes and she explained it to me but it didn't make any sense can some give me a better or simpler way to do it according to music theory
Read the theory sticky and the Crusades articles.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by speedy1330
thanks... not

We get a thousand of these questions a day, and all of them are answered in the articles I mentioned. What are you complaining about?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by speedy1330
my music teacher told me there was a certain way to come up with chords if you already had the notes and she explained it to me but it didn't make any sense can some give me a better or simpler way to do it according to music theory
Can you explain this in more depth please.

What are the notes you already have?

Do you have the notes of a scale, Are you trying to find the chords from harmonizing a scale?
I.E. use the notes of the C major scale to find the diatonic chords of the C major scale?
C Dm Em F G Am Bdim - that sort of thing?

Or do you already have the notes of the melody and are trying to harmonize that with the right chords?

Or do you have the notes of the chord but not know how to name it?
Si