Restring my guitar, but I don't know how. Should I just get one of the guys at GC to show me when i buy my strings? Also what kind of strings should I get? I've heard alot about the slinkies.
Quote by strat0
Restring my guitar, but I don't know how. Should I just get one of the guys at GC to show me when i buy my strings? Also what kind of strings should I get? I've heard alot about the slinkies.

There are guides on the net, but if the guys willing to show you then id go with that and get some first hand experience.
I prefer D'Addarios... They sound better to me and break less. And they feel nice and smooth
firsthand experience is always best, but i learned via internet just fine.
get some super heavy gague strings, like ernie ball not even slinkys
with thicker strings you'll develop thicker calluces [sp?] and then if you wanna go for lighter gagues they'll feel like air.
I picked up a used guitar at Guitar Center a few weeks ago, and the fella suggested that the guitar could use new strings...this I had never done before, and he was nice enough to string the first two while I watched, and then had me string the other 4 while he watched me do it...It was very helpful.

I would agree with the other comments that it is very helpful to see it done first hand.