Page 1 of 5
No I will not use the searchbar.. Let's keep this forum fun kthx.

What bands have you guys grown a sudden liking for even though you have always either hated/not heard about?

I don't mean like finding a new band.. Something that's been around and relatively well-known but you've just grown to enjoy it a little.

Lets use me for example.. I'm pretty much an avid metal-listener.. The lightest I would go would be Mastodon.. But after listening to my mates iPod in school today.. I started to enjoy blink-182 again (after liking them when I was about 10 )

And now since I've been home I've listen through a couple of their albums..

Share NAO
Amos Lee
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Pink Floyd
The Strokes
The Killers
The Mars Volta
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Massacre, Solitude Aeturnus, Dismember, Quo Vadis.

Those 4 bands sucked me in within one listen of an opening track on one of their albums. Solitude Aeturnus with Seeds of the Desolate, Dismember with Override of the Overture, Quo Vadis with Silence Calls The Storm, Massacre with Dawn of Eternity.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
the white stripes
"I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's...his hair was perfect."
I haven't in a while, but the most recent are Opeth and Nightwish
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

vampire weekend
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
mastodon and bullet for my valentine.
goddamn video games get their songs in my head
mastodon is great tho
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Black Rain, kinda new european band that takes their inspiration from 80's harder stuff (not the girly glam, more motley & wasp than poison or faster pussycat).

At first I labeled them another spice girls with dicks band but after a few listens & live vids I think they've got great energy and kind half-light songs to get cranked to. Check them out on myspace music.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Last edited by Gäbe at Nov 25, 2008,
Recently rediscovered The Killers.....gorgeously constructed pop songs....love it.

And also The Pretenders....never gets old.

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Up until about a month ago, I described myself as the kind of person who didn't care about The Hold Steady. Now I would describe myself as the kind of person who enjoys listening to the Hold Steady.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
BTBAM and Protest the hero...i guess now that i can play it, i've grown a liking for technical stuff.
Quote by Tom_hatton
High And Mighty Colour, Gazette, Parkway Drive.

I've listened to one of High and Mighty Colour's songs, Tsumi, I think it was called, I thought it was pretty good.

I've only recently started liking Emperor, I usually don't like Black Metal but there's something different about Emperor.
Quote by COBGage
I've listened to one of High and Mighty Colour's songs, Tsumi, I think it was called, I thought it was pretty good.

Listen to Hot Limit (link in sig), it's so damn catchy.
older my chemical romance stuff...
older fall out boy stuff [the music vid for dance,dance was shot at my school gym xP]
escape the fate up until the latest album... the latest one was just okay to me.
In Flames. I was never that big on them back in the day, but after the live performance I saw on Saturday I've been listening to a lot of their songs and I've been thoroughly enjoying all of them.
Yellowcard.

I know, I was surprised too when I found out.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
REM. I'm thinking about picking up Automatic for the People sometime.
Green Day.
Fall Out Boy.
Slipknot.
Rammstein.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Listen to Hot Limit (link in sig), it's so damn catchy.

Just listened to it there, it is catchy. And the singer... *add's to list of reasons to go to Japan*
Senses Fail. I'm a hardcore death metal/ heavy metal guy, but I like Senses Fail.
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
Quote by COBGage
Just listened to it there, it is catchy. And the singer... *add's to list of reasons to go to Japan*

Haha I know! My girlfriend got all jealous cos I said she was hot
Ramones

I've never liked punk and I've had some disdain towards simple music (in terms of progressions, guitar parts, lack of solos, etc.), but I started listening to some of their music on Youtube and it's really grown on me.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Page 1 of 5