Is there a way I can actually convert the presence setting into like treble or something, since i don't have presence on my amp? I am asking this because I was just looking at the Settings thread and like, Slash's, Steve Vai's and other people's settings have "presence", which once again, my amp does not have.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
just get something like a treble booster, or an EQ pedal.
Presence just helps out the top end, making it more trebly, or vice versa.

Its nice to have one on an amp.
The presence range is around 800Hz. Its just another part of EQ. To have more control over the presence range on your amp, just buy an EQ pedal or rack.

If you couldn't be bothered just boost your mids a little. That should get you a fair approximation of more presence.
Quote by guy_tebache
The presence range is around 800Hz.

800 is part of your mid-range frequencies. Presence is generally 3k and higher.
Presence many times controls a negative-feedback loop in your amp. What amp is it?
If it's already got negative feedback it shouldn't be hard, but if it doesn't you probably don't want to add it.
Is there a way I can actually convert the presence setting into like treble or something, since i don't have presence on my amp? /QUOTE]

Yip...If a certain setting calls for a lot of presence...just turn up the treble!
The TS has a Line 6 Spider III...SS amp

There's no presence mod on the planet worth putting on that amp....He just needs to turn up the treble if a certin tone calls for more highs.

Valve power amplifiers often provide an additional presence control (which reduces negative feedback in the power amplifier section) to provide a small amount of boost at frequencies above the treble control.
presence is basically the treble control for the power amp. Just like a 5150 has a resonance control which is the opposite ( low end) on the power amp. The treble or high knob is the pre amp highs. You don't need to add no sort of presence knob or anything like that. If you buy an eq it isn't going to matter either. These guys you are trying to get their tone, have high grade tube amps. Having the same settings on a different amp means nothing. You can't put the same settings on any amp and it sound like that.
Hes running a spider so not gonna be any mods he can do. All he can do is tweak some settings.
Quote by Guitarmiester

800 is part of your mid-range frequencies. Presence is generally 3k and higher.

Presence is actually more of an upper mid frequency.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Presence is actually a Led Zeppelin album released in 1976

fixed
Quote by hcsn2008
presence is basically the treble control for the power amp. Just like a 5150 has a resonance control which is the opposite ( low end) on the power amp. The treble or high knob is the pre amp highs.
This is correct.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION