Ive been playing guitar for a little over a year now and i feel like it is time for me to get a new guitar (i currently play an Epi LP Special 2).

I love les pauls and feel like they can get me the tones im looking for (rock, blues, etc...). They are also the easiest for me to play and the most comfortable to me.
I have somewhat narrowed it to two options, the Epiphone Les Paul 100 and the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Is there really that much of a difference between these two models? I mean, enough for an amatuer to notice? I play a lot, but really just by myself in my basement. Would it be worth it to save up more to get the standard as opposed to the cheaper 100?

I guess what i want to know is if anyone has a preference between these two models or wants to suggest me a new model to look into.

Thanks
-mroe
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
Quote by mroe
Ive been playing guitar for a little over a year now and i feel like it is time for me to get a new guitar (i currently play an Epi LP Special 2).

I love les pauls and feel like they can get me the tones im looking for (rock, blues, etc...). They are also the easiest for me to play and the most comfortable to me.
I have somewhat narrowed it to two options, the Epiphone Les Paul 100 and the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Is there really that much of a difference between these two models? I mean, enough for an amatuer to notice? I play a lot, but really just by myself in my basement. Would it be worth it to save up more to get the standard as opposed to the cheaper 100?

I guess what i want to know is if anyone has a preference between these two models or wants to suggest me a new model to look into.

Thanks
-mroe

there is a huge difference in looks in sound and in feel the lp-100 is very cheap feeling in my opinion so i think even a beginner would see the difference if you can order online agile makes sweet Les Paul copies
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
If you like Epiphone try one of the Prophecy Series Les Pauls. I have one and the things sounds and plays amazingly well for an epiphone. The pickups that come in it are pretty hot so I'm having them switched for a classic 57' and a 498T but that's just because I'm picky. Great guitar for the price.
Also, if you love Les Pauls, and budget is an issue, may I suggest ESP. ESP makes a great Les Paul and very affordable. I play through a Les Paul Custom, and recently tested ESP's low end les paul, EC-50. I had a really hard time putting it down. Anyway, the ESP EC-50 retails for about $250. Great Buy!
maybe one of the epi studios would be a good option. I read online that they have the same hardware and pickups as the standards, its just missing all the cosmetic features (dont quote me on that though, im not 100% sure).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=518351

they're only like $50 more than the LP100, and it seems like its good quality.

I'm actually in the market for an epi les paul myself so if anyone can shed some light on the situation that'd be cool (although I think Im going to be getting the standard plus top if i get the money)