I'm trying to decide on a new amp and I think I've found the one I want, a Vox AD50VT.

But, I have a few Q's......

Will the AD50VT be loud enough for small gigs/band practice? I would think it should be, but I wanna be sure.

And also, how's the Classic Rock tone on this amp? I wanna get an Airbourne/AC/DC tone out of it. I've been watching Youtube demos but none of them seem to adequately display the amps abilities in this area.

Comments? Answers? Suggestions?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Dude for your money your not ganna get spot on ACDC or spot Slash or this and that.

Try out cheap tube amps like peavey valvekings, and crate V33, with OD pedals.

Thats your best shot.

Also I hate to say it but look into a Line 6 flextone, used theyll get you pretty damn close to just about any sound, more so than the cheap tube amps.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I've tried the VK and the V series.

The VK was terrible. The V series was decent, but definitely wouldn't do what I would want it to do.

And also, what makes the Flextones better than a Valvetronix?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
no, i played it, and it sounds pretty bad, its ok if u want multi effects, but i have a pedal so im getting a fender 65w with some buitifull cleans and great reverb
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow, now that's a bad idea. I'd rather have a Valvetronix than the Fender you're talking about.

Oh, dudetheman, wait a little bit. I haven't tried the new Vox Valvetronicx amps - they look really cool! Better than the current ones.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the new ones too, but after looking at their descriptions I'm not so sure.

I'm almost afraid they'll be like the Spider III of Vox. I mean, if there's 22 amp models in one amp, how good could they each be? Twice as many amps crammed into the same size space sounds like a disaster....

Besides, I can't think of why I would need that many amp models anyways. Hell, eleven is probably too many.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
An AD30VT would be enough for gigs, mate. I've got one and I'm playing it on about 35-40% output at home, any more than that and my ears start hurting quite badly. Then again, I was born with heightened hearing.

But yes, the 50VT should be sufficient. My personal opinion is also that the Valvetronixes sound quite well, all things considered. Just make sure you lower the Noise Control when playing disted, otherwise it cuts the notes off and you get a tired sounding, no-sustain piece of garbage.
Quote by Arzei
An AD30VT would be enough for gigs, mate. I've got one and I'm playing it on about 35-40% output at home, any more than that and my ears start hurting quite badly. Then again, I was born with heightened hearing.

But yes, the 50VT should be sufficient. My personal opinion is also that the Valvetronixes sound quite well, all things considered. Just make sure you lower the Noise Control when playing disted, otherwise it cuts the notes off and you get a tired sounding, no-sustain piece of garbage.

This! IMO the VT series sounds better than most of the cheap tube amps. plus they're reliable...
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I think that it could be one of the best amps for what you're looking for. I've got a Vox AD15VT (I don't gig much, if at all), and I've played it with other people and its been nearly loud enough. Playing a 30VT, I was going just right with the other bandmates. I think it has really really good tones, as long as you know what you're doing. Once you figure out how to work the amp, its incredible. The effects are awesome aswell.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I own a flextone...very nice amplifier for the price...tons of sound options...best solid state amp you can buy if you ask me...but try out both the flextones and vox amplifiers before you decide if thats what you want to go to...
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Quote by Baby Joel
I think that it could be one of the best amps for what you're looking for. I've got a Vox AD15VT (I don't gig much, if at all), and I've played it with other people and its been nearly loud enough. Playing a 30VT, I was going just right with the other bandmates. I think it has really really good tones, as long as you know what you're doing. Once you figure out how to work the amp, its incredible. The effects are awesome aswell.

see thats the main thing thats putting me off the vox ad30vt is that it seems as though theres jsut far too many effects, i mean im a beginner i want an amp that i can just plug in and play what i want to play not be baffled by all these random effects and that, i mean i suppose it would be good for experting and stuff but at the minute i want to plug in and play

and ive also been told to avoid this amp coz its digital and that i should go with an amo that has tube/valve in instead?
Quote by Heaven Help Us
I own a flextone...very nice amplifier for the price...tons of sound options...best solid state amp you can buy if you ask me...but try out both the flextones and vox amplifiers before you decide if thats what you want to go to...

+1 if i were to buy another SS amp it would probably be the Flextone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by WoodySafc
see thats the main thing thats putting me off the vox ad30vt is that it seems as though theres jsut far too many effects, i mean im a beginner i want an amp that i can just plug in and play what i want to play not be baffled by all these random effects and that, i mean i suppose it would be good for experting and stuff but at the minute i want to plug in and play

and ive also been told to avoid this amp coz its digital and that i should go with an amo that has tube/valve in instead?

That's why there's a bypass button. You turn all the effects off.
However, its easy to do simple effects, and its relatively easy to figure the effects out.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by WoodySafc

There's nothing wrong with digital, if its a good amp.

Quote by WoodySafc

You don't HAVE to use the effects...
go to guitar center and ask a sales guy to help you eq a crate v series for the tone you want. you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. series take pedals very well too, so you'd be able to mes around with overdrive pedals and the like.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
If it's anything like my AC30, you'll be hard pushed to get an AC/DC tone from it.
lol@u