Page 1 of 4
Alright. I have NEVER in my whole life touched a guitar, except my £20 acoustic which I "try" to learn. I now have approx 500-550 o spend (which is about 700-85 in dolars). I have in mind some guiars which are mainly

- DKMG Jackson
- RR3 Jackson
- Epihpone Zakk Wydle Custom (Huge BLS fan, dont like HZ pickups tho)
- ESP V series guitar (forgot the actual guitar)
- JH-200 (B elow price range but ive been reccomended this)

I am a fan of these bands unashamedly

- BLS
- GNR
- Immortal
- Gorgoroth
- Lots of extreme metal
- Motorhead

You get the idea but I mainly like extreme metal. If anyone can help me out with a good guitar that is RELIABLE and PLAYABLE 100% then I am ****ing grateful. I am a fan of EMG active pickups and mainly looking for guitars with 81/81 81/85 81/60 configs but if you can reccomend another or guide me on one i have mentioned thats awesome, thanks alot guys.
does it have to have a trem? if not then look at the ltd/esp eclipses.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
500-550 what???
also, i wouldn't worry about EMG's since, as you said, have never touched a guitar, so don't worry about that.
Ah but I want a good guitar that is no sacarfice, i dont want to bring the fact that i have no experience into this, I just want a good reliable well constructed guitar. I also hate BC rich.

EDIT: I heard bad things about some Ibanzez's about like the trem ****ing up? I heard that with alot of guitars, i might stay away from the locking tremelo if nessacery.
Quote by Incesim
I heard bad things about some Ibanzez's about like the trem ****ing up? I heard that with alot of guitars, i might stay away from the locking tremelo if nessacery.

That happens more with the licensed floyd rose trems, if you can stay away from those you should be fine.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Seeing as you have never even touched an electric before you should probably get a lower end/entry level guitar first just to see if it's something you plan to follow through with. You should get the high-end stuff when you have a few years under your belt.
i have the jackson dkmg, and i love it. it has 81/85.

BUT if i could pick another guitar, i would. go for esp/ltd

80th best UGer
I don't see how you can fully appreciate the EMG's without an amp (most people will say a tube amp, no less).
to each their own, and the ibanez trem problem is really only with the EDGE III's. I have a licensed floyd on my Jackson, never had a problem with it, and i'm not the original owner.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Look into schecter guitars. Most of them are made for metal and they look sick and play great. A lot of them come with EMGs and you can choose whether you want a locking trem or not. I recommend not getting one if you're into extreme metal. Odds are you're gonna be changing tunings a lot. You should probably get a cheaper guitar to learn with just in case you hate it.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Lol just to make things clear I am getting an amp two, and two this is something I want to follow through with, **** the entry level guitars IMO. I honestly want to go through with this and get a good guitar.

P.S: This is like a gift from someone and im being given most of the money, which also makes me better off. thanks for the advice. I am heavily clinched between the zakk wylde custom (later upgrading to get the awesome 81/85 tones) or the dkmg which has the thrown together construction with the emg 81/85 set with a nice playable neck

HEEEELP :S
ssssllllloooowwww down dude, ive been playing bout five months and dont even own a guitar thts on the market xD but im getting a good one for christmas! xD ( go with zakk wylde)
I like the schecter hellraiser, but you might also like something like a epiphone prophecy or something like that. I personally like the hellraiser, but that's just me i guess. They both have EMG's and even though a few people have said that you don't need them because you are new, I would still highly recommend them if you are planning on keeping this guitar for 5 or more years.
Quote by DespisedIcon
What is your amp?

Good guitar + Sh*t amp = Bad, bad tone....

I have been reccomended not make a descision based on wattage, im going to stick to a 15w amp, as i am only ever practising my ro0om and taking it to freinds houses now and again (NOW AND AGAIN!!). So I think i'll either get a Fender or Line 6 III Spider amp. Maaaybbe not sure yet tho, big descision to make and so much money to make it with :S
You want a good well built guitar for a good price?

www.rondomusic.com

buy a foot pedal with the extra 200 bucks
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by postmortem2006
AVoid EMG pickups like the plague, unless you're playing in a stupidly low tuning and you're never going to use the clean channel

Can you explain a bit more about the differnces between EMGs and Seymour Duncans (or other pickups mainly used in metal) maybe a little comparison, thanks buddy.
Quote by Incesim
Alright. I have NEVER in my whole life touched a guitar, except my £20 acoustic which I "try" to learn. I now have approx 500-550 o spend (which is about 700-85 in dolars). I have in mind some guiars which are mainly

- DKMG Jackson
- RR3 Jackson

I am a fan of these bands unashamedly

- BLS
- GNR
- Immortal
- Gorgoroth
- Lots of extreme metal
- Motorhead

You get the idea but I mainly like extreme metal. If anyone can help me out with a good guitar that is RELIABLE and PLAYABLE 100% then I am ****ing grateful. I am a fan of EMG active pickups and mainly looking for guitars with 81/81 81/85 81/60 configs but if you can reccomend another or guide me on one i have mentioned thats awesome, thanks alot guys.

You're not a fan of EMG pickups - that's like saying you're a fan of Bridgestone tyres when you've never driven a car in your life. Just forget about them for the time being, you don't need to worry about them yet....you don't need to worry about pickups at all at this stage. There's no point asking people to explain the differences because you're not yet in a position to understand properly.

Most of the guitars you've listed are overpriced and not really suitable for a beginner. And you're going to need an amp as well as your guitar - no point getting a nice guitar and a crap amp.

In short, get these...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77819

...they'll be more than enough to get you started, don't get a Line 6 Spider, they suck donkey balls, and Fender don't make any amps suited for what you want to do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 26, 2008,
Quote by Incesim
Can you explain a bit more about the differnces between EMGs and Seymour Duncans (or other pickups mainly used in metal) maybe a little comparison, thanks buddy.

Well I just mentioned so - EMG pickups sound awful clean, they really do. If you're going to use the clean channel with EMG pickups then you'll need a lot of effects to cover up the foul tone. And EMG oickups, in my experience, sound awful with distortion too - unless you're playing in something ridiculous like drop B. Seymour Duncans however, an sound good in almost any tuning and their clean sound is brilliant.

I would've thought that would've been kinda obvious from my previous statement but hell, no worries
If you want a good Jackson minus the locking trem take a look at the DKMGT or the SLSMG. They play nice.

As for your amp, don't buy a low wattage spider or w/e, you'll regret it in th the end. You should compliment a quality guitar with a good tube amp. For you I would seriously recommend the Laney LC15, it can do anything right from sweet cleans to heavy overdrive (teetering on metal sound if you push it). You will need a pedal for extreme distortion however.
On the other hand, if you do not want to spend that much, look at Fender transistor amps, they do nice cleans, which you can just use a good pedal over the top of (i.e MT-2 or TS-9).

Hope this helps.
Ibanez RG1570
Laney VC15
Boss CH-1 MT-2 EQ-7 CS-3 NS-2
Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol
you should really start with a cheaper guitar, as you may give up on guitar and you will think its a waste on money
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
The last thing u want is the zakk wylde sig model...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Quote by Incesim

- DKMG Jackson
- RR3 Jackson

so how do you have an oppinion about something if you have never even touched a guitar? i think you need to stop listening to everyones oppinions on here and play what you like. there are threads that tell you a good starting point for any genre of music and you can take that to make your list a little smaller and a little smaller, until you get to your guitar.

oh and really i cant believe your already on the EMG bandwagon. yeah they are good high output pups, but not what everyone makes them out to be..
Quote by camhussynec
play a **** load of different guitars and see wich ones u like more

personlay i love Ibanez.

this

it is the only way to find out which guitar really fits you the best.

but I am more of a Jackson man myself.
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
ESP would be great.
The best you can do however, is go to a shop, and play the guitars until you find one you like.
I wouldn't worry about what pickups they are, and whether the wood is this or that, as you've said you've never touched a guitar.

Actually, personally I think that it's better to start off with a crap guitar. 'Cause it makes it more difficult, and if you can play using that guitar, your first "good" guitar will be much easier to play, and as it motivates you, you become a greater musician.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Incesim
Ah but I want a good guitar that is no sacarfice, i dont want to bring the fact that i have no experience into this, I just want a good reliable well constructed guitar. I also hate BC rich.

EDIT: I heard bad things about some Ibanzez's about like the trem ****ing up? I heard that with alot of guitars, i might stay away from the locking tremelo if nessacery.

yeah, unless you're willing to spend quite a bit of money, i'd avoid locking trems. the cheapest guitars with a good locking trem are the ibanez s320/470, or rg1570.

Quote by steven seagull
You're not a fan of EMG pickups - that's like saying you're a fan of Bridgestone tyres when you've never driven a car in your life. Just forget about them for the time being, you don't need to worry about them yet....you don't need to worry about pickups at all at this stage. There's no point asking people to explain the differences because you're not yet in a position to understand properly.

Most of the guitars you've listed are overpriced and not really suitable for a beginner. And you're going to need an amp as well as your guitar - no point getting a nice guitar and a crap amp.

In short, get these...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77819

...they'll be more than enough to get you started, don't get a Line 6 Spider, they suck donkey balls, and Fender don't make any amps suited for what you want to do.

+1

i haven't tried the vypyr though- a roland cube 30 would be worth a try too. £300 would buy a washburn x50pro, which'd be worth considering too- another £80 will buy the EMG version, but it's debatable if that's necessary considering the cube is extremely high gain as it is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Seeing as you have never even touched an electric before you should probably get a lower end/entry level guitar first just to see if it's something you plan to follow through with. You should get the high-end stuff when you have a few years under your belt.

THIS
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Guys seriously, im not wasting my money, I have plenty of it. I dont want a cheap guitar even if it is "more than enough". I just wanted to hear some opinions about what guitar is good for the money and dosent **** up. Thanks..
I've told you what to buy - not my fault it's not what you wanted to hear. The RG321 won't "f*ck up", it's a great guitar for the money.

Seriously, you're in no position to have an opinion on any of this stuff yet save for what you like the look of.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
I've told you what to buy - not my fault it's not what you wanted to hear. The RG321 won't "f*ck up", it's a great guitar for the money.

Seriously, you're in no position to have an opinion on any of this stuff yet save for what you like the look of.

lol **** you

well aren't you the mature one
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Page 1 of 4