I played the ovation a few days ago at GC and liked it, but was a little concerned with the high action and the back slipping off my leg. The latter isn't that much of a concern, but the high action is, and I didn't see a truss rod to be able to change it. Would I be better off with the Thinline? How do they compare, sound-wise?
I would try to avoid Ibanez, to be honest. Quality control is an issue for them sometimes.

Yamahas are always quite high quality. I'm a Yamaha hater, but I must admit that they make good low end guitars.

Also, the truss rod is NOT used for action adjustment. Ever. It is only for bowing problems.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thats what i was thinking, you use the truss rod to fix bowing, you mess with the bridge to adjust action, sounds like you may want a more beginner type guitar, get the ovation if you don't mind it sounded horrible unplugged, as for the guy who said ibanez have bad quality control you must be playing the gio line, ibanez are great. To lower the action on an acoustic could be some work, google it, you usually have to do sanding..
Quote by jefffelker40
thats what i was thinking, you use the truss rod to fix bowing, you mess with the bridge to adjust action, sounds like you may want a more beginner type guitar, get the ovation if you don't mind it sounded horrible unplugged, as for the guy who said ibanez have bad quality control you must be playing the gio line, ibanez are great. To lower the action on an acoustic could be some work, google it, you usually have to do sanding..

wrong, ibanez are poor quality line for acoustics.

dont adjust action yourself, let a luthier do it
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Well the thinline will sound much better unplugged than the ovation. Ovations sound like absolute crap unplugged, and I honestly don't care much for their plugged tone either. Of course, a full-sized acoustic would be better than either one of these, but if you must go shallow-bodied, then I would go with the Yamaha.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray