ok so im in a band with ,rite now, 2 of my close friends (we dont really have a defininte bass or drummer) I play lead my, other friends lets call him "matt" sings, and my other friend lets call him "zach" plays rythem. Almost every Friday we have a practice after the football games (we are all IN the school band and play at the games) and only once has "zach" shown up out of about 6 times. He always "has something to do"...well i know he doesnt have anything to do, he's not that popular and doesnt really do anything on the weekends. I dont know what to do, he plays guitar quite well and I dont know of anyone else who can play where i live...if he doesnt show up to our practice tomorrow im thinking of kickin him out. what should i do??
He's obviously not playing with you guys for a reason. You should ask him about it.

If I were in his shoes though, I'd flake out because it doesn't really seem like you have a functioning band. 2 guitar players and a singer are nothing without a drummer and bass player unless you're playing acoustic pop music.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well I would talk to him first then kick him out if it doesnt change. while you arent a fully functioning band there is still stuff that can be done while you look for other permanent members... there are tons of groups out there who werent fully built till they were ready to start touring or playing shows. A good drummer can catch on quick and the bassist is just a small roadbump but it can work... if anything one of you can try(note try) to fill in bass and be a 3 piece while you find a good bass player...

Flaking cause things dont happen right away is a **** excuse because it takes alot of luck and even more time to get anywhere in music and if you ditch every chance to try and find an easy route you wont get anywhere..
Sometimes the best friends make the worst bandmates, and vice versa. Whether you've got a full band yet doesn't matter, if two of you are into it and one isn't, he's got to go. Simple as that.
tell him if he doesn't start coming to pratice your gonna make him play bass

that should make him get his ass in gear
He obviously doesn't want to be in the band - replace him, he probably won't care.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You can use their names, we probably don't know them.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by xEpidemicx
You can use their names, we probably don't know them.

I thought you had to do that??, oh well i did use their real names anyways
Quote by AlanHB
He obviously doesn't want to be in the band - replace him, he probably won't care.

Im thinking of doing that, my other friend just bought an '84 mint condish Telecaster...he's not as good as theother guy but we can teach him, and hopefully he'll show
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
I thought you had to do that??, oh well i did use their real names anyways

It's fine as long as you don't list their last names, a picture of them, a map to their house and a list of their fears.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Quote by xEpidemicx
It's fine as long as you don't list their last names, a picture of them, a map to their house and a list of their fears.

mmmkay