After looking on RondoMusic.com, which I'm still wondering if it's a trustworthy website, I figured, 'Hey. Those Les Paul Copies would be great modding guitars.' So, are they made well, or do they even have anything good stock? If they do, I'll probably buy one, and put some BlackOuts in it or something. So, just wondering if they're any good right out of the box, and if that website is any good.

-Thanks In Advance
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

i have an agile double neck sg style double neck copy, and it's actually really good, considering it was only 275$. i changed the pickups, and but gibson decals on the headstock, and now if you saw it, i really don't think you'd be able to tell the difference

EDIT: oh and i got it from rondomusic too so yea i guess you can trust them
They're good but not to the degree that some people make them out to be.

They're made in the same factory as Epiphone guitars, so...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
They're good but not to the degree that some people make them out to be.

They're made in the same factory as Epiphone guitars, so...

Epis are now made in China...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I love mine. Check out my sig. I think it's the best brand for Paul clones. Also you won't have to spend a $2000 for a name painted on a head stock if you want a qaulity LP.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
I love mine. Check out my sig. I think it's the best brand for Paul clones. Also you won't have to spend a $2000 for a name painted on a head stock if you want a qaulity LP.

Dunno about the best, hagstrom and PRS make some damn good LP shaped guitars. Sparrow guitars LOOK damn good too, never played one though.

TS : I actually played some 475$ (used) Agile (dunno the model), against a used 350$ Epi LP Standard.

I didn't see much difference, both had the same feel, and sounded pretty similar. Both were really good though....in a way i prefered the epi just cause the agile was a little heavier, more expensive, and the neck pup was starting to crap out.
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet
Dunno about the best, hagstrom and PRS make some damn good LP shaped guitars. Sparrow guitars LOOK damn good too, never played one though.

TS : I actually played some 475$ (used) Agile (dunno the model), against a used 350$ Epi LP Standard.

I didn't see much difference, both had the same feel, and sounded pretty similar. Both were really good though....in a way i prefered the epi just cause the agile was a little heavier, more expensive, and the neck pup was starting to crap out.

But PRS is still a somewhat original design. I think TS is thinking of complete LP rips-offs, of which Agiles certainly are.
Anybody know a trustworthy website where I can get an Agile LP Copy? I think I'll get one of the cheaper ones and play around with some electronics and stuff with it.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

The only site that sells them is rondomusic.com as far as I know. I have an agile 3100 and its really good for $375.
Insane guitars for the price... Stop... scratch that... insane guitars.... 99% of what a gibson is ( and I've had 7 REAL Les Pauls ), and you can go all the way by swapping the bridge, tailpiece, and pickups for better hardware. I've seen 4 AL3100s to this point ( including mine ) and they all were both gorgeous and great sounding stock. Of course you don't get the virtual mojo the headstock name gives, but you make the guitar sound good, not the other way around. If I had an opportunity for either an Epi or an Agile, I would not hesitate for a second and go with the Agile. I have a second one coming at the end of next month and mine has become my "go to" guitar before my current Gibson...

Of course a real Gibson is slightly different, but better ? Not really... Certainly not 2000$ better.
My Agile AL-3100. Everything were quite flawless except for the bridge radius was too flat for my taste. Already ordered a new bridge, though.
And the thing is heavy! 12lbs!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I really never heard of Agile until I read about them here in the UG. I had my doubts and it was a while before I actually got an Agile LP in my hands and then I saw them here and there and tried each one and they sound and feel great they are very consitant and for the price you get a guitar that is right up there with the high end guitar companies. IMHO They are an impressive guitar and as far as Rondo goes they are AAA+ when it come to trusting ordering from them. They have a great return policy I bought my first guitar from them not long ago and it was shipped out the day I ordered it and it got here UPS in two days. Of course they are in NH and I am less than 100 miles away in Ma so it might be quicker than if they had to ship to CA. The guitar was packed very well. It was covered in bubble wrap inside a guitar shipping box inside another box the same shape just a shade larger so it fit tight. The guitar was very well protected and arrived perfect. I think you can buy with confidence from Rondo and know they are going the extra mile to please their customers.

John
Quote by aznrockerdude
Epis are now made in China...
Not all of them. The Prophecy series is still made in Korea.

As far as Agiles go... yeah, they're about Epi-quality. Quality Control is apparently a little more consistent on Agiles, but I've only played two so I couldn't say for sure myself.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Not all of them. The Prophecy series is still made in Korea.

As far as Agiles go... yeah, they're about Epi-quality. Quality Control is apparently a little more consistent on Agiles, but I've only played two so I couldn't say for sure myself.

Agile 2000/2500/2800 = Epi Standard/Custom
Agile 3000/3100 = Epi Elitist, some even claim they're Gibson quality but I wouldn't go that far...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Agile 3000/3100 = Epi Elitist, some even claim they're Gibson quality but I wouldn't go that far...

I wouldn't go as far as saying that their quality is comparable to Epi Elitists, but to each on his own.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Agile guitars are great!

I recently got an Agile 2500 with EMG 81/85 's and it is my favorite guitar. Rondomusic's SX guitars are good too. The Duncans on that site really aren't though.

But Agile's are much better that Epi's imo.
made in same factory in korea as epis used to be made, starts with u? quality, for the al3100 i had...great. the thing weighed 10 lbs. at least, would not balance on my knee and went back.

if i could get a 8.5 lb. one i would.
Quote by hminh87

i like the epi elitist way better then the agile 3100 but i like the agile 3100 better then the les paul traditional
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by dacat
made in same factory in korea as epis used to be made, starts with u? quality, for the al3100 i had...great. the thing weighed 10 lbs. at least, would not balance on my knee and went back.

if i could get a 8.5 lb. one i would.

Thats the thing though, LPs are supposed to be heavy.
You can't go wrong with Agile. I love my PS-900. Since I got it, I've barely touched my Gibson Explorer.

My bro has an AL-3100 and it's gorgeous as well. Better than any Epiphone I've ever seen and even some Gibson.

Don't even hesitate to buy one from Rondo. That's the official site for Agile. Kurt (the owner of Agile) is a great guy and really goes the extra mile. If you are not satisfied in any way, he will take care of it for you.

If you get one, spend the little extra and get an AL-3000 or AL-3100. They are more than worth the extra money.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
^ Blasphemy! Explorers are godly...
Back on topic: Yeah, they're good quality. I'm getting a Ghost as soon as the regular 6 string models come back on, and when i get the money.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I'm REALLY considering getting an AL-3100 Spalted Top from them...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Septor 727 GAS here...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I have the al-3000 rootbeer slim. I love it! It wipes the floor with my teacher's Epi LP Studio in both playability and tone. My only real issue with it is that it weighs a tonne. It's a bitch to play standing up for more than an hour or two.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.