I haven't changed my strings in ages so i went out lookin for some DR Hi-Beams in 11's. Nothin'. so I bought Tite-fits instead. First 3 strings (were just plain strings) were fine, felt fine, sounded fine; fine. Then i get to D which is the first wound string. I string it up tighten it... buzz on every fret, and open. A, same thing, E, same thing. So, i check my neck, change it a tad. Still buzz. (less but still has buzz). So, screw it, i think, i take em off and put back on my old Hi-Beams. But now, they buzz as well, and now i gotta go to a shop and see wtf is wrong...F*** DR Tite-Fits.
Probably cause you're using 11's for inappropriate tunings.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Probably cause you're using 11's for inappropriate tunings.

I tuned it to D standard first but they buzzed so i brought 'em up to E and still buzzed
Quote by jam phan420
I can say, they aren't a big fan of you either.

DRs are the best.

I love DR Hi-Beams, hate Tite-fits, why don't you read before you post
Quote by SPBY
I haven't changed my strings in ages so i went out lookin for some DR Hi-Beams in 11's. Nothin'. so I bought Tite-fits instead. First 3 strings (were just plain strings) were fine, felt fine, sounded fine; fine. Then i get to D which is the first wound string. I string it up tighten it... buzz on every fret, and open. A, same thing, E, same thing. So, i check my neck, change it a tad. Still buzz. (less but still has buzz). So, screw it, i think, i take em off and put back on my old Hi-Beams. But now, they buzz as well, and now i gotta go to a shop and see wtf is wrong...F*** DR Tite-Fits.

Your guitar was probably setup wrong, and it did not cooperate with the tension of the Tite-Fits.

Try them again, they're seriously awesome strings.

*EDIT*
Changing from D standard to E standard with 11's without adjustment will probably do some damage...get a setup done.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Nov 25, 2008,
and probably because you need a set up. you know wood tends to change with temperature. i setup my guitars at least once a year.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by kasso
and probably because you need a set up. you know wood tends to change with temperature. i setup my guitars at least once a year.

It's been setup, within a year, and now i'm takin it back to get setup again
As for the tuning thing, 11s in my mind should only be used for C tunings.

And you're probably buzzing because of your guitar's wood. If you haven't changed your strings for awhile then take them off, your neck's gonna bend a bit. Don't blame it on the Tite-fits.
^^What? They buzz because there is something wrong with the setup (frets, action, nut, or bridge, etc.) not because the strings are too loose.

If this is for the strat, you may need to adjust the tremolo strings (may as well get it setup).
If it's for the LTD, it'd be either too low action or, yet again, you need a resetup.

*actually, you probably screwed yourself over by adjusting the truss rod... unless you know what you are doing, get a professional to that. I'm not saying you shouldn't adjust it DIY, but it helps to get it from someone who has experience with it.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Nov 25, 2008,
I doubt your problem has as much to do the brand of strings as what you've done with them. If you go to a different gauge or change tunings, then try to adjust the truss rod without full knowledge of what you're doing, bad things will happen.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
You should probably be using 10s
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
11's are perfect for D standard in my opinion. That's how I've got my RG set up.

10's are meh, but they rather loose, and I miss the extra tension.

I used to have my guitar setup in C standard w/ 11's and it just felt waaay too loose.
They're strings. As in, wires. Pieces of metal. They're not making your guitar buzz. They can't. They don't know how.

The weather is changing- you need to adjust your truss rod. Depending on the guitar you may need to adjust your action 2-4 times a year.

And it sounds like you took all the strings off before putting the new ones on. Don't do that. Take the old ones off and replace them with new ones one at a time; the rapid change in tension is probably what made your guitar start buzzing.
Quote by Roc8995
They're strings. As in, wires. Pieces of metal. They're not making your guitar buzz. They can't. They don't know how.

The weather is changing- you need to adjust your truss rod. Depending on the guitar you may need to adjust your action 2-4 times a year.

And it sounds like you took all the strings off before putting the new ones on. Don't do that. Take the old ones off and replace them with new ones one at a time; the rapid change in tension is probably what made your guitar start buzzing.

This.

Furthermore, there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't use 11s (or higher) in standard.