Alright, to put this in simplest terms, I'll have both pickup volumes on max, then use the selector switch to set the guitar to use only the bridge pickup. However, when I play, I'll notice a slightly warmer, cleaner sound than when I have the neck pickup silenced in the exact same config. Is there any DIY solution to this problem, or is it time to take it to a guitar tech?
its supposed to be like that....
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Beebaboo
Alright, to put this in simplest terms, I'll have both pickup volumes on max, then use the selector switch to set the guitar to use only the bridge pickup. However, when I play, I'll notice a slightly warmer, cleaner sound than when I have the neck pickup silenced in the exact same config. Is there any DIY solution to this problem, or is it time to take it to a guitar tech?

HAHAHA EPIC !!!
Dude you've made my day !
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Alright, I have the guitar like this

Neck: full volume
Bridge: full volume
Selctor: Bridge Pickup
Sound: Crunchy, but with mild elements of the neck pickup.

Neck: no volume
Bridge: Full volume
Selector: Bridge
Sound: Crunchy, no elements of neck pickup.

Neck: Full volume
Bridge: No volume
Selectore: Bridge
Sound: I can hear the neck pickup, but a very quiet version of it.
Quote by Beebaboo
Neck: full volume
Bridge: full volume
Selctor: Bridge Pickup
Sound: Crunchy, but with mild elements of the neck pickup.

Neck: no volume
Bridge: Full volume
Selector: Bridge
Sound: Crunchy, no elements of neck pickup.

Neck: Full volume
Bridge: No volume
Selectore: Bridge
Sound: I can hear the neck pickup, but a very quiet version of it.

...do you understand how the pickup selector works? If you put it on the "bridge" side, then the bridge pickup is the only one working.
Yeah, that's the problem, I still get some sound from the neck pickup even with the selector set to "bridge". same with vice-versa.
Quote by Beebaboo
Yeah, that's the problem, I still get some sound from the neck pickup even with the selector set to "bridge". same with vice-versa.

Ah, my bad. Then you probably just have a bad switch or something.
its supposed to be that fking way!
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by devit
its supposed to be that fking way!

Not really. If you set it to the bridge, then the neck pickup shouldn't make sound. Changing the settings on the neck doesn't change anything on mine when I'm on just the bridge.
Replace the guitar's electronics?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well because what i understood from your questions, your asking us why ur neck pup sounds diferent than ur bridge.

if thats not what ur asking us then my bad.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
No, that wasn't what i was asking at all. I'd just get tone "bleed-through" from the neck pickup whenever I had the selector set to bridge.
hmm maybe the iron or steel cables arent soldered correctly
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212