its all like slasher and gore films

and the american remakes of japanese classics do not count
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
session 9

trust me dude, i dont joke about my horror movies.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
no

im with you thats the answer i was looking for
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

The only horror movie I've actually ever liked was The Shining. I hate horror for some reason, but the Shining was brilliant in every way.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
The only horror movie I've actually ever liked was The Shining. I hate horror for some reason, but the Shining was brilliant in every way.

^^^+1
Quote by TechnoJesus™
I Love Session 9

**** yes. best horror ive seen in a while.
im guessing you mean new? classics are classics of course, and there are amazing horror movies out there, just not many recently that werent substituting horror for gore.

although, recently, i did like the Strangers, it did not rely on gore for a scare
horror movies = comedy
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
Of course, you can always look at Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, etc.

I agree though, too many movies are focusing too much on gore instead of horror.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Karvid

Then I wholeheartedly suggest you watch this one:

You're*
The Shining fit into that category?

28 Days Later is a great movie. Not really horror though.
Quote by jimmyslashpage

^^^+1

Stanley Kubrick.
wow i really wasnt expecting this to get big but i did it

and yea im talking about present day horror. freddy jason michael all great ones
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Psycho
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Joshrocker48
The Shining fit into that category?

28 Days Later is a great movie. Not really horror though.

Do you even know what horror is?

Quote by sxymnky777
Stanley Kubrick.

Despite taking The Shining and completely making up his own version of it.
You're*
Quote by 777Corey
im guessing you mean new? classics are classics of course, and there are amazing horror movies out there, just not many recently that werent substituting horror for gore.

although, recently, i did like the Strangers, it did not rely on gore for a scare

I enjoyed the Strangers a great deal.
Some good horror movies: Home Movie
Fear of the Dark
Splinter
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Quote by TechnoJesus™
im with you thats the answer i was looking for

Winnar is you
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Get some Cronenberg movies. Shivers, Rabid, and Videodrome are guaranteed to make you feel really uncomfortable.

Ooooooh I also recommend Come and See. It's a WW2 movie, but done in a way that makes it more like a horror movie than anything else. About the German occupation of Belarus. Check it out. Seriously, one disturbing and horrific movie to watch.
Last edited by AzureNight at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by Survivalism

He pretty much did the same thing with 2001, but I don't think it's really an excuse to complain
Quote by sxymnky777
He pretty much did the same thing with 2001, but I don't think it's really an excuse to complain

That's not true. Arthur C. Clarke wrote the screenplay for 2001 with Stanley Kubrick. He also worked on the novel during this time but he did not collaborate with Kubrick as much, which is why the movie and the book have differences.
The movie came before the book.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
That's not true. Arthur C. Clarke wrote the screenplay for 2001 with Stanley Kubrick. He also worked on the novel during this time but he did not collaborate with Kubrick as much, which is why the movie and the book have differences.
The movie came before the book.

oh, yeah you right. haha, live and learn i guess.
Funny Games?

I dunno. More of a suspense movie, but it is a horror movie emotionally I guess...
Quote by Survivalism

While that is true, his version was a more watchable film, the made for TV version is ok if you are a big fan of the book (and I am) but it's nowhere near as effective of a movie.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Modern horror is pretty bad.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TunerAddict
Funny Games?

I dunno. More of a suspense movie, but it is a horror movie emotionally I guess...

Yeah, while I wouldn't say it's technically a horror movie, it's one hell of an emotional roller coaster. But make sure you watch the original one, not the updated English one. I don't know why Michael Heneke (sp?) thought that it needed to be updated, but his update of his own movie was terrible compared to the original, so watch that one.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
While that is true, his version was a more watchable film, the made for TV version is ok if you are a big fan of the book (and I am) but it's nowhere near as effective of a movie.
this is true. ive read thousands of pages of stephen king, and i love his books, but he makes crappy movies. if kubrick can make a better film, more power to him.

theyre doing a tv movie addaptation of the dark tower series.
what is this guy thinking? im convinced he is totally insane.
Quote by Zugunruhe
this is true. ive read thousands of pages of stephen king, and i love his books, but he makes crappy movies. if kubrick can make a better film, more power to him.

theyre doing a tv movie addaptation of the dark tower series.
what is this guy thinking? im convinced he is totally insane.

The only real benefit to that would be that they could make it a really long series instead of confining it to 7 2-3 hour movies, also it would be pretty hard to convince a studio to invest in a film series like that. If they could get HBO or Showtime to pick it up it could turn out to be pretty good.

Last.fm
Modern "horror" movies fail at drawing people into a scary atmosphere which is what true horror films should accomplish, trying to disgust people with excessive gore and trying to catch them off guard with things that jump out at the audience are cheap tactics and in no way induce true horror.
The Serpant and the Rainbow will haunt you forever.

SPOILER!!!!!!! (Highlight)-

The main character gets a nail stabbed through his dick! Nice!
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by Austiman
The Serpant and the Rainbow will haunt you forever.

SPOILER!!!!!!! (Highlight)-

The main character gets a nail stabbed through his dick! Nice!

yeah that's a really good movie.

BTW your spoiler shows up without highlighting for anyone who uses the black forum theme.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
The only real benefit to that would be that they could make it a really long series instead of confining it to 7 2-3 hour movies, also it would be pretty hard to convince a studio to invest in a film series like that. If they could get HBO or Showtime to pick it up it could turn out to be pretty good.

yea, but his track record with this stuff isnt exactly excelent....

*braces for disappointment*
Quote by Zugunruhe
yea, but his track record with this stuff isnt exactly excelent....

*braces for disappointment*

Well apparently J.J. Abrams bought the rights, Alias was a pretty good show, and I've heard mixed things about Lost, but I think he could do a good job.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Well apparently J.J. Abrams bought the rights, Alias was a pretty good show, and I've heard mixed things about Lost, but I think he could do a good job.

yea, we'll see. i could turn out like the shining, different but still good. or they could just follow it all and make an awesome movie. or it could turn out like IT.