Thanks, ya there's an SS. Come on, 107 views and 1 reply? Anyone else willing to take the test?
I suck!

I got 6/12 for the perfect pitch test (which I pretty much just guessed) and then I only improved by two for the relative pitch test.

Going to have to work on the old ear.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
I'd give it a go but I don't have speakers at work - maybe when I get back
I sincerely misread the thread title for something else...
Anyway I scored 10/12. I can hum any given interval too.
8/12 on Relative Pitch. Really bad on Perfect Pitch. Might've scored better if it was guitar samples.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Nov 26, 2008,
8-12
i didn't think that was bad, if you really did get a 12, nice job man.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I got 1 on the perfect pitch and 3 on the relative pitch

I think i'm pitch-'deaf', I concentrate more on the timbre than the pitch.
Does anyone happen to know a pitch test that uses pure sine waves?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
I got 10/12 on both, but before the perfect pitch test I had just been listening to a song that I know is in B, so it doesn't really count. I was actually very surprised that I scored so high on the perfect pitch test, because I know for a fact I don't have perfect pitch. Couple of lucky guesses, I suppose.
Cool to see some others with perfect pitch! and coffeeguy...you have perfect pitch on 3 notes? that's pretty weird haha.
Relative: 12/12
Perfect: 11/12

Damn. I once had perfect pitch. I guess it's slipping a bit.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
apparently everyone here has perfect pitch lol.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
EDIT: Tried again and got 12 on relative and 8 on perfect.
Are You Shpongled..?
Last edited by nugiboy at Dec 1, 2008,
Problem is with the perfect pitch - once you get the first one right you just work out the rest via its relation to the previous!

12/12 on both

Sorry for being so big headed but I have been working at my pitch for years now so I'd hope I would get em right
Quote by madnessJack
Problem is with the perfect pitch - once you get the first one right you just work out the rest via its relation to the previous!

That's relative pitch, not perfect pitch.
I'm not going to share my score. Everyone go to hell.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
5/12

this thread made me feel bad...i should lie and say i got 12/12 to raise my self-confidence

12/12
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.