Hey UG,

I need some advice from the gear gurus.
I'm getting a delay pedal on Black Friday, (along with a Shure SM57)
and was wondering if i should go analog or digital?
aka Carbon Copy or DD-7?
or any other good delays...

I love the warmth and smoothness of the Carbon Copy,
tried it today, loved it.
If you need your delay to extend to obnoxious lengths of time despite a lack of tone, go with the DD7. Otherwise, the CC will do you well. Have you tried a DD7?
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
If you tried it and loved it, then I see no good reason not to buy it. Try the DD-7, too, to see how it compares.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
If you need your delay to extend to obnoxious lengths of time despite a lack of tone, go with the DD7. Otherwise, the CC will do you well. Have you tried a DD7?

i tried a DD-3 a while ago, but im not sure if i wanna go digital or not,
its just to.....well....digital sometimes..lol
ironic i know
Quote by AJS19
i tried a DD-3 a while ago, but im not sure if i wanna go digital or not,
its just to.....well....digital sometimes..lol
ironic i know

Indeed. Unless your rig is already digital-sounding, it's usually best to stick with analog
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Indeed. Unless your rig is already digital-sounding, it's usually best to stick with analog

yeah just kinda wanted a reaffirming go ahead on the carbon copy.
my rig is LP->tuner->boost/OD (depending on my mood) -> wah -> Classic 30
and btw guitar center ftw!
50% the guys at my store are actually semi-decent knowledge wise.
except one time i saw one guy sell a purple MG full stack to what looked like about a 12 year old, and his dad..........

case closed- Carbon Copy
Quote by AJS19
yeah just kinda wanted a reaffirming go ahead on the carbon copy.
my rig is LP->tuner->boost/OD (depending on my mood) -> wah -> Classic 30
and btw guitar center ftw!
50% the guys at my store are actually semi-decent knowledge wise.
except one time i saw one guy sell a purple MG full stack to what looked like about a 12 year old, and his dad..........

case closed- Carbon Copy

Yeah, well every store has its retards mine definitely has a few

I might be one of them. Note that I bolded anal in my previous post just to see if anyone would notice.
Logan

I've never tried it but I've heard that the Ibanez AD9 can hold its own against the Carbon Copy. If its available where you are planning on purchasing your delay then its definitely worth checking out.
Honestly, I'd take a look at the Hardwire DL-8 before both of those. The DL-8 absolutely runs circles on the DD-7 and is much better-sounding. IMO, the Hardwire can also nail the sound of a CC easily.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Yeah, well every store has its retards mine definitely has a few

I might be one of them. Note that I bolded anal in my previous post just to see if anyone would notice.

yes i did notice that lol.
after i posted my last post haha

yah but like there is this one guy who swung me 30% on memorial day.
he rocks.

@everyone: thanks for all the help. hopefully ill make out with a crap ton of gear i really dont need but oh well. anyways ttyl. im going hunting early tommorow! (for deer)