I'm just praying that there are some keyboardists kicking about in here...

Anyway, I play the keyboards (or try to). However I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get my left-hand part in sync playing the bassline to the right-hand treble part.

Anyone know what I can do to remedy this? It's becoming annoying.
Playing it slower is the best way, then speed up as you get more confident.
Try just playing the chord or root note when the first note of the left-hand part plays, then move up to a couple of notes in the chord, then eventually get to each note.
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Anyway, I play the keyboards (or try to). However I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get my left-hand part in sync playing the bassline to the right-hand treble part.

Are you serious? What's the first rule of getting better at something?
You're*
practice?

start simple, then get more complex.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Slow it down? Take it note-by-note if you have to?

It sounds tedious, but that's the only thing I can think of.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Keep practicing.
Quote by aprescott_27
Slow it down? Take it note-by-note if you have to?

It sounds tedious, but that's the only thing I can think of.

sorry to be off topic, but do we have another pilot at UG!?
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
Sometimes with the piano its a brain conflict. Like playing something a certain tempo with the left and playing something completely different on the right. Pick the two parts apart, play the left first and slowly bring it up to speed, same with the right, then combine the two and practice slowly.
Quote by forgiveforget
Sometimes with the piano its a brain conflict. Like playing something a certain tempo with the left and playing something completely different on the right. Pick the two parts apart, play the left first and slowly bring it up to speed, same with the right, then combine the two and practice slowly.

Thank you!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I HATE practicing!

then settle for being mediocre.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What the...?

apresscot has a METAR in his sig

its a coded weather report that pilots use. just hoping theres another pilot here besides me lol
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
P-r-a-c-t-i-c-e
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
and as a little something else, try practicing the piece youre having trouble with measure by measure, bit by bit instead of trying to play the whole thing through every time. Take it apart, etc yada yada you know the drill. and one of the bigger things imo is that unless youre playing some ridiculous classical song that has to be exact, dont be afraid to add your own style and play stuff thats not written down.
Quote by Zugunruhe
then settle for being mediocre.

I've practiced and practiced.....I feel like smashing my keyboard up.
Learn to play guitar WITH YOUR LEFT HAND. Then you will become ambidextrous and rule the keyboard and guitar. You might become the next Michael Angelo Batio...... but probably not.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Quote by SpockTheRock
Learn to play guitar WITH YOUR LEFT HAND. Then you will become ambidextrous and rule the keyboard and guitar. You might become the next Michael Angelo Batio...... but probably not.

But I'm a LH bassist so I'd fret with my right hand anyway.

And I'd settle for being the next Alex Lifeson thank you!
practice with a metronome. you won't build a good sense of time with only your internal sense of time, especially if that's what the problem is right now
sincerely,
daniel
Quote by PunkPenguin333
practice with a metronome. you won't build a good sense of time with only your internal sense of time, especially if that's what the problem is right now

I use an in-built metronome on my keyboard...
yeah just practice more, start at half temp, also learn each part separately and make sure you can play them without thinking too hard, then put them together.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah just practice more, start at half temp, also learn each part separately and make sure you can play them without thinking too hard, then put them together.

I suck at keys....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I suck at keys....

no you just need to practice more, don't expect to be anywhere near as good at it as you are with your primary instrument untill you've played keys just as long.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no you just need to practice more, don't expect to be anywhere near as good at it as you are with your primary instrument untill you've played keys just as long.

What's annoying me is that the piece I'm playing is simple enough.....it's just a worship song.
i used to have that problem when i first started playing the keyboard, you should split up the song into bits playing the left hand keys only and then the right keep playing the left ones till you're comfortable with them, and then just add in the right (i'm assuming you're mainly right-handed right?)
For those to understand the truth within every lie ever spoken, we ourselves must lie to seek the truth.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What's annoying me is that the piece I'm playing is simple enough.....it's just a worship song.

Doesn't matter, you're always going to suck at any instrument you just started learning, it takes a lot of practice just to get the fundamentals of playing that particular instrument down.

Last.fm
Quote by HellzChild57
i used to have that problem when i first started playing the keyboard, you should split up the song into bits playing the left hand keys only and then the right keep playing the left ones till you're comfortable with them, and then just add in the right (i'm assuming you're mainly right-handed right?)

I'm actually lefty!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I played piano for a while and went throug a few different lessons both in my spare time and in college.

Different people learn differently. Learn the right hand first, then the left. Slowly bring in the left hand with the right. The more you know each part on it's own, the easier it will be to play both hands at one time.

It is challenging and takes time to learn but eventually it's second nature....just like learning guitar, strumming and fretting.

I'm a lefty but I find my right hand learns parts faster and it's easier to play. The good part is bass on the left piano is quite easy most of the time. Mostly you play chords and dont more around much. Right hand plays the main lead and is more complex.

A last good tip is to play the song slowly and speed up once you learn it more and more. Eventually you will be a pro at that one song and once you learn to read music it will be much easier to see a piece of sheet music and play a song with little to no practice.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 25, 2008,
ha i just noticed you said ur left handed ^^'''''''''''' just do the opposite XD
For those to understand the truth within every lie ever spoken, we ourselves must lie to seek the truth.
Quote by moody07747
I played piano for a while and went thoug a few different lessons both in my spare time and in college.

Different people learn differently. Learn the right hand first, then the left. Slowly bring in the left hand with the right. The more you know each part on it's own, the easier it will be to play both hands at one time.

It is challenging and takes time to learn but eventually it's second nature....just like learning guitar, strumming and fretting.

Thank you! I love you.....