Ok I am a junior in high school right now, and I have been looking at colleges. I have two choices so far, Columbia and De Paul, for a degree in Secondary Education with English. Both of these are in Chicago. Have any pit ducks looked at these colleges? Any information to tell me about them? Any other education colleges I should look at?
Columbia if you have the luxury of choosing

Whats your GPA?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I have an weighted GPA of 4.3. unweighted at 3.3. But this will improve throughout the year. I am taking an internship with an english teacher next year, and I take many english classes...not so strong with math and science. But I do volunteer work alot.
Last edited by Fusanti_RHCP at Nov 25, 2008,
Why not apply to UI? A fall back school always helps.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have an unweighted GPA of 4.3. weighted at 3.3. But this will improve throughout the year. I am taking an internship with an english teacher next year, and I take many english classes...not so strong with math and science. But I do volunteer work alot.

You should hope you get at least 1700 on the SATs
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Isn't your unweighted GPA supposed to be lower than the weighted GPA?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
My sister went to De Paul, she loved it. She actually went to be a teacher. It's a good school.

I don't know anyone that's been to Columbia but I heard the one here in Chicago isn't nearly as nice as the one in NY.

It's your choice but I can personally promote De Paul.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
You should hope you get at least 1700 on the SATs

They look at the ACT here (mostly), not the SAT.
Quote by musiclover2399
My sister went to De Paul, she loved it. She actually went to be a teacher. It's a good school.

I don't know anyone that's been to Columbia but I heard the one here in Chicago isn't nearly as nice as the one in NY.

It's your choice but I can personally promote De Paul.

A lot of people hear Columbia and automatically assume it's the one in NYC and quite frankly it's for good reason (much more prestigious). Columbia in Chicago is a pretty good school for certain things, but I agree that De Paul would be better suited for the TS.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have an unweighted GPA of 4.3. weighted at 3.3. But this will improve throughout the year. I am taking an internship with an english teacher next year, and I take many english classes...not so strong with math and science. But I do volunteer work alot.

are you in like level 2s or something? Your weighted normally is the same or higher than your unweighted.